1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you attracting guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Oct 8, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

right, Because I am desperate for a boyfriend, but not that despetate, I have desided to change tactic, instead me looking for them (which there doing (abit like lost in the shopping mall syndrome, were both people move around trying to find the other person)) I have diside to let them come to me, BUT how can I attract them without carring a big sign saying I am a ranging queer and I am desprate.
    Any thoughts.
    Oh and I am not changing my fucking wardobe.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    * Be friendly. Get to know as many people as possible. Get good at chatting.
    * Be confident.
    * Have fun.

I've never considered myself attractive, in a standard sense. But this is what people have said they've found attractive in me.

Lex

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

that was slightly helpful but i was thinking more along the lines of something visual to make me stick out to gay guys but not so much to everybody else.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wear a sign?

Seriously, being yourself is your best bet. People (especially us homos) can smell someone who's not being genuine a mile away. I think it's because we spend so much time denying who we are to ourselves.

And it isn't so much about being physically attractive to woo them in, it's more about being emotionally attractive. Being hot may get you in the door somewhere, but if you can't contribute to the conversation people are going to get bored fast. Make sense?

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I do be myself It that been myself I just ain't camp enought, i was brought up very straight, do you think I should wear a pride band or something just you make it a bit more obveuse?

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure, if that's what you think the situation requires. Don't worry about being campy enough. If you want to subtly announce that you dig the dude folk then a pride band would be a wise investment.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is - even attractive and "apparently gay" guys don't get hit on all the time unless they look (to use a horribly convoluted term) "hit-on-able". And the most welcome sign isn't a rainbow bracelet, but a pleasant expression and a cheerful attitude that suggests "Yes, I would be fun to talk to." Yes, it'll mean more straight guys (and women) come talk to you, too, but who couldn't use more friends?

Lex

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

get a piercing lol

9. rachob1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ask your friends, if your out to them, they have any other gay friends that might want to hang out some time. Lots of relationships start,gay or otherwise between a person different social cycles whe they have got together as a group to hang out and do stuff together. The worst thing that can happen is that you gain a few more friends that just happen to also be gay, and thats not such a bad thing, you'll already have something in common with them.

10. Pendrin2020

I'm siding with Lex. There's nothing hotter than a confident, genuine smile.

I tend not to be attracted to someone until I get a few hours to chat with them or see a movie or something. My ex boyfriend and my last potential fling, were both bigger guys too. Not exactly the kind that get hit on constantly.

Stay open-minded, you'll be amazed by the friends you make and the people you meet. XD