1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help fast.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Sep 29, 2007.

1. hoping

i was in love with this great guy a few months ago and he was a really good friend so i didnt want to ruin the freindship if things went wrong. so i never told him how i felt. i think he is gay but hes family doesnt know cause they are unltra conservitive. since then we are grown apart but today i saw him and his incredible smile and eyes just made me want to b with him and brought all these unresovled feelings up.what should i do?

2. pirateninja

I felt exactly the same thing. I was scared of wrecking a perfectly good friendship by telling the girl that I love how I felt. You just have to talk them calmly and make it clear that you don't want it to come between you or affect your friendship. However you do always have to prepare yourself for the worst possible scenario. Luckily it worked out for me, and she said that she was okay with my feelings and wanted to carry on as we had before. I felt better around her after that, because she understood me better. If you feel you really need to, then go for it, but it's all up to personal choice. You know him better than me and have a better idea of what his reaction will be.

Good Luck!

3. Kimi

I'd say go up to him and say that you liked him.

I don't know how he is gonna react but since you said you "was" in love with him and you guys grown apart so why not to tell him now?

Good luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. Jeimuzu

I'd first sound him out about gay people. I did it once by talking about a friend of mine who had been making mildly homophobic remarks - he was just kidding around, and didn't know about me, but it made me awkward. You can use his response to judge his opinion.

However... ultra conservative... ouch.

5. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think you might want to consider doing two things:

1) Let him into your inner circle. Tell him that you're gay. Let him know that's something you don't tell everyone- just your most trusted friends.

If he reacts by telling you that he doesn't understand why you told him, that he feels that all gay people have the plague, that he's now uncomfortable with your friendship- then he's clearly got some issues to work out- and you know that even with that wonderful smile- he's not legitimate boyfriend material.

2) Let him respond in his own way. He may really respect you for being honest but not be ready to be so honest himself. It may inspire him to come out but remember you only suspect that he might be gay. Quite possible- he isn't!

Accepting yourself is the key to everything. If he or others don't get you, it's all right as long as you get yourself!

6. steve1310

Thornlands ( about 40 mins out of Brisbane )
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yer what Tim c said

7. Bryan

come out to him, then judge how he takes it and then if he seems good with it, just let him know how you feel

8. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    uhmm...tell him!
    having closure is better than having to regret.