1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit sad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by azrae1, Oct 12, 2010.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

Hi guys ! i haven't been much active on ec for quiet a while now... anyways i just feel like typing this so i can feel better. so recently like 4 weeks ago i joined this new university and at first i was quiet happy with where i am now, u know new life new friends and a fresh new start where no one knows the past and my mistakes but anyways; so i met and made friends with bunch of guys. At first i was quiet happy but today where they were discussing about a guy named x who attends same classes as me and today those new bunch of friends i made made fun out of him on how he acts gay and how soft he is. well @ first i told them you should give respect to a person for who matter who he/she is but in class every time he comes in, those guys kept shouting things like *Freak* and kept quiet and when ever he turns away they say it and do it again etc.. etc.. so it made me feel sad. i told them i met him somewhere in uni and i said hi and he seemed nice despite he is gay actting and they said "How and why the hell did u say hi o chit chat with him etc.." i mean come on but hey, i shouldn't forget where i live and from what i see the arabs are so homophobic and such.. the guys kept talking about how they hate gay people and such which made me uncomfortable.. the problem is,, i dunno what i should do, i mean those new friends are so good to me and i feel we are heading in a good way but as i mentioned i am still not out and i don't think i will. and what bothers me the most is that i have to act like them being homophobic and go like "yeah, gay people is so wrong " i just dunno what to do, i feel i am stuck and i have no power on anything, i just hate agreeing to them and accepting what they think because defending gay people will just put me to question by them and most university students :frowning2: :frowning2:

#1 azrae1, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who act that way have no loyalty what so ever. They talk trash about each other behind their backs I guarantee it. They are what are called fair weather friends, people who like you while you're what they want to be and while things are going good, but once things turn back they drop you like sack of potatoes.

Its pack mentality, even all of them don't think that way they go along with it, for fear of being thrown out of the pack.

If you want to test them ask why they hate gays so much and when the spout out some asinine reason, tell them you're gay and so they must feel that way about you too.

Its sad but its just how people are.