1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crusader, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hadnt plan to tell anyone but yesterday out of nowhere i told my ex gf that im gay (i had gone out with her in an attempt tp convince myself im straight). Well shes accepeted it and is being very supportive and i feel i should tell my best friend but dont know if i should. He has displayed some homophobic attitudes. But he has said before that if one of his best friends were gay its be wird for him at first but nothing would really change. And earlier we were discussing homophobia etc and he gave me a look as if he knew. I do wanna tell him, and i plan to after christmas. any advice?

2. dreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's an odd situation to be in if you think someone else knows and you think they want you to confirm it, but how do you know? If there is an opportuninty with you and your best friend I think you should tell him. The way I see it is that eventually (most probably) you will come out, it may aswell be on your terms. The longer you leave it the more you will worry...just my thoughts x x

3. SpikySpice

Well, as you said that you said if one of his friends is gay, nothing, that tells you it's ok to come out to him

He will be shocked and feel weird at 1st but time will make him understand and still be your friend. His homophobic atitudes maybe toward those gay people who have bad atittudes i guess

But liek dreamer said, the longer you hold back, the more worried you feel, so take the right time and tell him, be brave , things be alright:slight_smile:

4. Bryan

It sounds like you are ready to come out, so if you feel ready with it, tell him, and congrats of coming out, that is huge!

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've had friends who swore off homophobia when I came out to them, so maybe your friend will do the same thing.

6. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok well thanks for all of that lol. I think he will be ok with it after a while cus we are really close. Hes staying over mine at christmas. And the only reason im waiting till after that is because ive had some pretty crappy christmas' for the last few years so dont wanna tell him before that incase he runs away lol. Then im off work for three weeks or so, so im gonna come out to him on jan 25th. its probably a bit odd to plan it but o well lol

7. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok now i think he knows lol. I jus was round his all days, and we were talking about my son, (hes nt well :icon_sad: ) then the topic of wen i would tell him my "Big secret" came up again. He kinda fixed on my eyes and placed his hand on my shoulder and said to me "dont worry just tell me when u feel your ready. Jus relax. Im your best friend im not going anywhere"

PS Hes Hot lol (nt dat i want anything to happen between us cus that would ruin things, jus thought id tease u all with it lol)

Attached Files:

• Ross.jpg
      Ross.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
  8. ampthejazz

He sounds like a really great friend. He knows, and I think you should talk with him about it. To be honest, I think it can only strengthen your friendship with him.

9. Torture

Torture Guest

+1

10. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Come out on october 11th :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

He suspects it thats for sure.

11. Louise

He knows, he is just waiting for you to be ready to tell him.

He sounds like a really good friend. He will feel honoured that you trust him enough to say it out loud. He might want/need to discuss this with you but until you have admitted it he can't.

You could avoid a lot of worry and stress if you just come out and tell him. Everyone has to do it in their own time but from what you say, dragging it out until after Christmas seems an unnecessary amount of anxiety for you to put yourself through. From what you say he won't run away and leave you all alone for Christmas. He might even be realy hurt that you could think that of him.

Trust him, trust his friedship for you, you will feel SOOOOO relieved after.

Good luck :thumbsup:

12. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well i just told him on MSN, it really killed the convo. no reply :tears:

UPDATE:

K he finally replied and sd he is fine with it, he doesnt wanna know if im attracted to some guy though lol. and he was upset that i though hed run off. guess i was wrong lol

#12 Crusader, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  13. Crusader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeh i was very anxious about telling ross (the best friend lol) i had it hyped up dat itd be awfull, but it wasnt and has made our friendship stronger lol. He is not bother at all im so gald i did it, thanks all

14. Tom

Tom Guest

congrats and glad it went so well, he sound sounds like a gd friend

15. Jim1454

Good for you!

16. Torture

Torture Guest

Awesome. Congratulations dude.

17. Louise

Good for you. I am so happy that you found the courage to tell your friend. Every good coming out gives you such a confidence boost. This is such good news, you have a lovely friend. :thumbsup: