1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

driving test troubles.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by factwithinfiction, Oct 14, 2010.

1. factwithinfiction

This is the second Goddamn time I've taken it and failed it. But when I drive with somebody I do just fine apparently. Yeah I know I make mistakes here and there but my parents are no fucking help and its not like I have money to pay for someone who does. I don't find any encouragement from them rather all I hear is criticism so how am I gonna pass when my only support system is not giving me encouragement? They say that I have to be happy and just dandy when I go on. Seriously, who's happy going to the DMV for a day?

Also, since I go to college I HAVE to drive to school--there's no bus that goes there either.

I really don't know the point of this post--I just needed a place to rant and say F YOU to the DMV and their ridiculous test.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fine, I understand. I failed twice before finally passing it in a different city. So yeah, I know how freaking annoying it is...I did have Drivers Ed but truth be told, it was NO help at all. I wound up waiting for ages to take my G2, and then I like waited till the expiry date to get my full-fledged license. Don't worry, you'll get the license. Maybe 3 times will be the charm?

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we all need to vent sometimes.

When they give you shit, just remind them of what a great help coming down on you is, and in no way impedes your ability to perform :thumbsup:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, where are you running into issues? What parts of the driving test aren't you doing well on?

Lex

5. factwithinfiction

Well the first time I failed it was because I hit a curb. Yeah for that one I take full responsibility for. Oddly enough that was the first time since I started driving that I hit a curb.

Today I didn't pass because when I made a right turn I didn't make a complete stop when the light was red. :dry:

6. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    the best , BEST way to a driving test is wake u and immieidaitly start telling yourself that its a great day and you will pass. clear your head of negative thoughs. and smile alot.

7. Trailblazer

I rolled through a stopsign during my G2 test, failed to park correct on the curb and a few other things, and they still gave it to me first try. I was amazed lol.

8. factwithinfiction

Easier said than done lol.

I find it funny that when I called to reschedule an appointment that the lady told me that she was sure I would pass it when I have to like ask my parents for encouragement.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you make mistakes like those, are those due to nervousness? Do you get so freaked out about trying to be perfect that you make mistakes?

Lex

10. factwithinfiction

Its not that I'm trying to be perfect. I get nervous real easily I guess.

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Well all I can say is be glad that you arn't sitting a UK driving test! >_<

12. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

the best way to pass the drivers test is to over exaggerate every stop and turn...always come to a complete stop...no rolling stops...always blinker on when turning...know how your hazard lights work...do everything by the book

take the test in a car that you usually practice driving in..and have all the mirrors set before you take your test..:icon_bigg

I passed on my first attempt years back...just drive like a cautious beatle during the exam...you can always drive how you want after you get your license...

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>just drive like a cautious beatle during the exam...

Was George or Paul the cautious Beatle? :slight_smile:

>>>Its not that I'm trying to be perfect. I get nervous real easily I guess.

Then you might simply need more practice. Not so you "learn" anything more, but because the more you do it, the more "second nature" it comes.

Lex

14. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^ The gargoyle is right! Listen to it!

15. Jim1454

I failed twice before I passed as well. It seemed like the end of the world at the time but it really isn't. Relax and take things slow and you'll get it eventually. Good luck.

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take his advice.

17. Steve

i disagree when taking your driving test you need to show the tester that you are not overconfiedent but niether underconfiedent, driving like a cautiious beetle is not good.

i took 4 driving tests 3 in dubai which i passed on the third and another one here where i passed the first time. im sure that on your third test you will do a charm. Just remeber be confiedent about your driving skills.

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why is it not good to drive cautiously on your driving test? When I took it, if you didn't you probably would not pass. You need to make sure you look both ways going through an intersection or you get points off, stop before the limit line on stop signs and signals, I even had to check the look over my right shoulder to check the bike lane before I made a right turn (I got a point off for that). I think you need to be careful, and make sure you exaggerate your "checks" (forget the word) at intersections so the tester knows 100% you are doing it. You want to make sure they don't accidently take off a point. Who cares what impression you give them you just need to do everything correctly and you can't fail unless they take points off for things on purpose. The only impression you want to give is being somewhat comfortable because you need to not be nervous yourself.

#18 Austin, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  19. Steve

driver overcautionly, over here at least, tells the testers your not ready to drive alone. They do want you to check when you turn properly , but when you drive slowly and check more then you need to you stall the traffic.

20. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

I never said overcautiously... i said cautiously...meaning alert and aware of your surroundings...showing the instructor that you know what you are doing and doing it correct without looking nervous and jittery...

anyhow...the behind the wheel test is no big deal...just go into it relaxed and make smooth turns using blinkers and checking blind spots...make sure you know how all your lights work as they ask you to show them...blinkers,brights,hazard... just follow the instructors directions and youll be ok...:icon_wink

lex...they were both cautious beatles! :slight_smile: