1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyber-slap me if you must...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SparkleTears, Oct 14, 2010.

1. SparkleTears

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so right now im pretty lonely. Fifteen, all my friends seem to be out there with girlfriends and dating and then theres just me...alone. I mean feel free to tell me I'm being stupid or whatever you want to say...but, where do I find a boyfriend? I know no openly gay people and basically i want a boyfriend :frowning2: where can I find one?

2. gaius

gaius Guest

I'm not going to slap you, because i understand how you feel, but you have to get yourself to a gay bar, or join a local lgbt group or something. These are sure fire ways to find someone, otherwise you will end up falling for straight guys all the time, and it will just lead to disappointment. I don't know where you live because you don't have it up there but you would be surprised where you can find groups.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no, slap for you.
    It was like that for me, it gets better.

4. SparkleTears

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im not old enough for gay bars yet though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. BasketCase

Are there any gay support organizations near you?

They may have a youth group.

No slap from me either.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, are you out? It may be that you live somewhere where being out (or being out at age 15) isn't something you can do easily. If your area is rather homophobic, your best bet is probably to simply stay closeted, and keep working on getting to a place where you can eventually move somewhere more open-minded. If your place is more accepting, then coming out is the biggest step. Because it lets any other gay guy out there know that you're on their team, and therefore might be interested.

Next up, you should see if there's a gay youth group somewhere in your area. Reason being - everybody there will be gay. They might not all be in to you, or available, but at least you've taken care of "are they or aren't they?". :slight_smile:

Lex

7. x2x2x2x2y2

*slaps you*

jk, I just wanted to do that really badly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously, you're not being stupid at all. Like others have said, see if there is some type of LGBT youth group or center around where you live. I've been to one once and everyone was really nice.