1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Orientation, Church, Acceptance and Love.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jay, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay

I don't know if this would be considered the correct place to put it, but here it goes.

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2010/10/14/latter-day-doubts/

This guy is Mormon, and openly Gay. I am also semi-out and Catholic. And I bet there are many other examples of people who have accomplished a balance between God (or church, but I prefer referring to God than church) and their sexuality.

If you have a relationship with God and you feel like you're struggling to have Him in your life while being true to who you are and how He designed you, be sure that you don't have to dump either of those things down the drain to live a happy life. God is love and who knows, your church can be accepting, unlike appearances.

But remember, a Church is a human organization designed to "enlighten" their members about God and his truths, but as everything human, they can and most likely will be flawed. A relationship with God, Jesus, or Allah or Yaweh or Jehovah or with the God (or gods) you believe in can be sustained without going to church and mist importantly, being Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgender, Questioning, Drag, or whatever label you want to put over your head.

Even straight people can have a relationship with God. That's how inclusive he is. =D

2. Blondie

Blondie Guest

But do we really need a church to be close to god? I've learned that you do not when I see people in need I try to help if I can one way i do it is called "pass it up" if I see a person in need of extra money for food or some other need I pass it up IE i send what i can up to the person simply telling the person in front of me "pass it up" for me living on the org ideas that were taught is what needs to happen in this world all these churches want is your money and power over peoples lives

3. Jim1454

I agree with Jede. Being gay and attending church are not mutually exclusive. The sense of community that can come from attending a church is something that isn't available many other places today. I really appreciated that at the church I attended.

I also agree that a person can have a relationship wtih God without attending church. I think I've developed a better understanding of God and a better relationship with God through my recovery work and 12 step meetings than I have by going to church.

What works for one person doesn't work for everyone. But what doesn't work for many people can work for some. To each his own.