1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well that hurt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Connor22, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Connor22

So i was today in a VERY long and (for me) very painful argument via facebook with a lot of my former friends who decided I didn't exist once I came out, where basically they told me why they decided to ignore me and make school life a living hell, which (as a testament to my naivety) had been a complete mystery but, well now I know that the reason they ignore me is because they are... how to put it, well they put what the bile says in front of reality then stick their hands over their ears and go LALALALALA... think the WBC only 15 and irish, so just to give you a few highlights of the argument, I was called "you sick boy" "I think we need to find you a counselor" oh and the girl who started all of this got congratulated by a bunch of people saying that she said what needed to be said, oh and also she called being gay brutal for some odd reason, I don't know what she means but long story short I REALLY don't want to go to school on monday if I have to face more of THAT

2. VentinIntrovert

People in your age group can be really cruel and narrowminded. On the bright side those who accept and are willing to be your friend will have the potential to be really close friends.

3. Chandra

That must be awful. I'm sorry you've had to go through that. :frowning2: I hope you can find some friends who are actually worth your time. If it gets really bad at school, is there someone you can turn to for help?

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I think you need to find a new group of friends

5. Krissie

Hold your head up high and don't let the comments get to you, eventually they'll realize they're being jerks.

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Y'know, next time they make a comment, just say "...k..." and keep walking. Nothing pisses people off more than knowing that they aren't getting to you.

7. NoLeafClover

This stuff makes me sick. And you're the nice one, with the signature "Kindness is a gift. Share it." What gives?

8. Bryan90

Aww... (*hug*) There is a possibility that no amount of words can make you feel significantly better so I opted for a hug instead! And I guess, as much as we hate it sometimes, life goes on.

9. Eleanor Rigby

Awww Connor (*hug*) I am very very sorry you had to go through this. Some people, especially teenagers, can be very narrowminded.
    I'd say the best thing for you to do right now is to protect yourself.
    Print that facebook conversation, then de-friend them on facebook. And on monday, first thing, give a copy of that conversation to your school counselor and told them you're scared of being bullied at school after what happened with those people.
    You'll find better friends, of that I am sure. You're just going through a rought time. Just, don't let anyone hurts you or threatens you. If that happens, report them immediatly to a teacher, to the school counselor, to your parents, and to the police if necessary. Don't let them making your life a living hell.
    Many many (*hug*) and let us know how things are going.
    :kiss: Cécile

10. Connor22

well the post has now been deleted

11. Eleanor Rigby

It doesn't matter. You can still go to your school counselor and tell them what happened.
    And by the way, have you told your parents ? If not, it could be a good idea to have them on board too.
    You'll be fine (*hug*)

12. BasketCase

There are a few northern Irish groups about if you need any support. I can link to some groups in this thread if you want.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's unfortunate that the post was deleted. However, this is still Cyber bullying. I don't know what the rules are where you are Connor, but here in Canada, cyber-bullying can get one expelled from school. I would definitely suggest going to the counselor or even the Principal and talking to them.

14. Connor22

hey basketcase what are those groups? Pm them to me because the mods would go ballistic and well if I went to he principal it might get half the school expelled and we don't have a counseller

15. Beachboi92

Talk to your parents, and are you sure your school doesn't have a councilor? If the harassment continues in any way go to the principle. Better a bunch of them get expelled or in trouble than be allowed to continue that behavior. You have to stand up for yourself, trust me it will help. I dealt with a lot of harassment after i came out and it got so much better once i reported it to the school. Also see if you can get your parents to complain, nothing speeds up a schools reaction to stuff like parents throwing a fit.

16. Paper Heart

This kind of stuff scares me. Like all of our work isn't yielding progress. Connor hold in there! Don't bother with these people. A similar thing happened when I came out and I just ignored them and it all blew over. But definitely print screen the images next time or print them out to show your principal. You must know that this stuff us only temporary; things do get better.

17. ardere

Similar thing happen to a close friend of mine when he came out at around 14/15. At that age to be honest, many if no all teenagers are narrow minded and immature. The fact that they used the bible to condemn it makes me even more angry. If they follow the bible then they should know they have no right to judge others, and to love others no matter what. Those "friends" of yours are the biggest hypocrites in existance. Don't let this type of stuff get to your head, its simple immaturity and people being naive :slight_smile:

18. BasketCase

As far as I can tell I'm not able to PM non-staff members. If an available mod can PM me I can pass the names of the organisations on to them and they can forward them.