1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfair to ask someone to wait for you?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XxToshixX, Oct 20, 2010.

1. XxToshixX

Well as some of you may already know I was dating someone that was 23 and we were alright for a while, but then, tragically my mom found out and she doesnt even want us talking ot eachother because of his age. I still want to talk to him through the day and I can text him throughout the day but yeah. I really don't want to ask him to wait for me but we seem really almost perfect for eachother and the wait isn't that long I suppose, but yeah. If he has no problem with it do you think it is a horrible thing to ask someone to wait for you for a whole year and a half? I really really like him and i dont want want it to have ot end like this. (&&&)(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

2. Jay

Jay

Hey Toshi!!!

I hate to be on your mom's side on this but the age difference is pretty big, I would say. Wouldn't you? And the thing is that if you're together, that implies you guys are having sex, and if you two really are, then your mom can be drastic and call the police on him, since you're underage.

I know it sucks, but think not only in what you want, think about what he wants and his safety. The best thing is to tell him to keep it "casual", EXTREMELY casual for a while and when you're 18, you can get back together because it will be OK.

Also please make sure he is not using you, or manipulating you, or doing things that might later hurt you. Just the fact he's older leaves you in a bad position and if any signs show that he's there just to have sex or whatever, dump his ass (<--lol). Because you're younger, you can be manipulated and hurt easily, or at least easier than "older" people. Please be extremely careful.

I hope this helps... I know it is not exactly what you wanted to hear but I don't want anyone here in trouble or in pain :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong in asking him to wait.
    There's something wrong in expecting him to wait.

Lex

4. theJosephDean

This.

5. Koll

I agree as well.

Its not exactly easy to find guys, let one actually get one. Yours just has.. an age gap.

Even if its a "Almost a decade" gap.

6. matty123

if were just talking a internet relationship then i think that its best to realise that its not going to end happily, i know that sounds harsh but when you have a real relationship with someone your own age then you will understand, and another way of looking at it is why is a 23 year old guy persuing a 16 year old?i think that your parents are right to protect you, i think your being neive and letting your emotions blind you from the obvious warning signals, just listen to your parents this time and in time you will be glad they were there to look out for you