1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollowsoul, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Hollowsoul

So I feel lonley and deprest and close to suicide. I have no one to talk to or help me cuz every one I know is eather dealing with there own stuff and look for me to help them or they don't care :frowning2: i'm being picked on constently everyday and the boy I like is straight and I feel like no one cares if I'm there or not no one cares when I cut. I just get so agrovated with everything around me cuz it's like no matter what I do my life is still shit no one ever likes me no one ever wants to talk to me and I'm constently ignored by everyone. It's like ppl only talk to me when they need someone and they think I'm just happy to help them with there problems but I don't have any of my own. I feel like I'm here just for ppl to hate and use and take advantige of. Can anyone help ? Cuz it seems like so far everytime I seek help no one can help me :tears:

2. FollowThePanda

First of all, do not, I repeat DO NOT kill yourself. I have been in the exact situation you are in right now. I assure you, there are people who care. Find a parent, teacher, counselor or other adult you trust and seek help. tell them what's going on. Do not try to deal with this on your own!

3. Frer3

You should never think that nobody cares about your problems. Hell, why are we here? You have a whole community right here who would be devastated if you were to kill yourself. Never think we don't care. *hugs*

4. yourillusion

Hang in there. I'm not sure how to help other than lending an ear, letting you know you're not alone in those feelings, and mentioning programs such as the Trevor Project. http://www.thetrevorproject.org/contactus I hear good things about them. There are other suicide helplines out there also, such as 1-800-273-8255 - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. If you ever find yourself really in need, those are there. I've thought about them myself though I haven't tried yet. I think it's just more of a struggle for some of us than others.

5. Hollowsoul

I've called alot of suicide hot lines and none work

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, you've always got us. We almost always have a staff member or advisor online at any given time, and even when we don't, the regular ECers do a damn good job in a pinch. :slight_smile: So don't ever feel you don't have someplace to turn to, because you always have us.

Secondly, make your problems known. To everybody. Don't wait for them to ask, or hope they'll notice you're down, or even expect a "I feel like shit" to be enough. If you've got friends you've helped in the past, tell them. Directly. "I'm going through a lot of shit right now, and I really need someone to talk to." If they give you the cold shoulder - not tell you to hang on until after chemistry class, but really sort of give you the "Hey, don't harsh my buzz" treatment - then assume you've got one less friend, and go on to the next one.

Thirdly, go see your school counselor. Tell him/her precisely what you've told us. Print out your first post and hand it to him/her if you have to. They need to know the extent of your pain, and what depths you're in, so they can start helping you out.

Fourthly, do the same for your parents. I don't care how much you think they're absorbed in their own problems - let them know how close to the edge you are.

Fifthly, let us know how we can help. You've got a lot on your plate right now, and rather than try to solve all your problems all at once (which would be doomed to fail), let's see if you we can try to isolate one main issue that's giving you grief, and see if we can get you to be a better place there.

We're at your service. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)(*hug*)

First off, know that suicide or self harm is never the answer to anything. If you have feelings of committing suicide pick up the phone and call the Trevor Project Help Line and just try talking about anything that is on your mind.

If you don't get through by calling the numbers, try again. Don't stop calling the crisis hot lines.

Likewise, log on EC and start writing all your thoughts out. It doesn't even have to make sense. By writing it all out, you are letting all of the thoughts out and you will probably feel a bit better and things might not seem to be as hopeless as they seem to be at the moment. You have already done the hard part. You have already asked for help by posting. You have already stated to let it all out. Way to go! (*hug*)

Please do see a counselor at your school so that you have another avenue for support and an outlet for all of your feelings/emotions and thoughts. Let the counselor know how you feel and the thoughts you are having.

If you ever feel that things are getting much and everything just seems to start falling, take a deep breath, and try to sit down somewhere until you can collect your thoughts again. After that, take another deep breath, so that you can feel the inhalation and exhalation, and tell yourself, things are going to be alright. Try to notice as to how you feel afterward.

Life can be tricky at times and it can seem to be quite a hurdle. We face so many roadblocks and detours, but you know what happens once you have gone through them? You will become a lot stronger because you have learned how to navigate through the roadblocks and detours. There will come a day when you will turn around and say to yourself, "I have made it and I am a lot stronger than I was before!" You can handle whatever life throws your way. If you need to, ask for help, like you did today.

I'm pretty sure that there are people in your life that do care about you. You know, often times, we do have people in our lives (and it doesn't matter who it is) that do care about us but they just don't say it or they will say so in coded messages. If you think about the people around you, can you think of one person who could actually be that person that cares about you and likes you for who you are? I can tell you that there are already a few people on this forum that do care about you. (*hug*)

If people come to you and ask for your help or ask you to listen, maybe turn it around, and go to them and just say, "hey, I just need someone to listen, even if it is just for 10 minutes but these are the thoughts I am having," and start talking about the thoughts that you are having. Just say it.

If you are being picked on constantly or feel that you are being bullied, talk to a teacher and/or to a counselor at your school. Don't let it build up inside of you. Let them know that you are being picked on everyday. Is there a teacher that you trust?

Listen, life will get better. Take small steps every day. Falling for a guy who is straight and knowing that the feelings will never be returned is hard. But it is not the end of the world. Trust me on this. You will be able to move on from this crush and I'm pretty sure you will develop a few more before you will find someone. Know that all of the crushes will make you stronger as a person, and they will allow you to learn things about yourself that you can take forward. In some ways, it is part of learning things about yourself, which in turn will help you down the road.

If you feel that no one cares about you or doesn't want to talk with you, why not trying to make new friends. Is there a LGBT youth group in your area that you could join? Is there PFLAG chapter (which could offer you some support as well) nearby? What about your school? Does it have a GSA?

Aside from that, are there any activities in school that you could join in? By joining a LGBT youth group and/or an activity at school, you will be able to make new friends and get to know new people. As you do that, you will find that people do care about you and that some do want to get to know you.

Remember that Empty Closets is here as well at all times. Talk to us, try to make some friends on here. We are all here for you. (*hug*)

8. Hollowsoul

I have just about nothing around me no LGBT thing around or anything at my school. All I have to dull the pain is a razer blade :frowning2: cutting and suicide seem to be the only choices I have left. I have a razer blade in one hand and a bottle of oxycotten in the other. I don't really see that meny choices other then that. Hotlines don't work I've tryd making friends online ( I've only bin on here for a bit so not on here ) and everyone hates me and ignores me and treats me like shit no matter where I go :frowning2: maybe here will be difrent. I mean liking the straight boy really hit me hard cuz I've known him for 3 years and I was starting to fall in love with him :frowning2: and home isn't that good I got into a fight with my step dad that if my mom didn't hold me back would have got phisical. :frowning2: life seems to be a dark dark abyss with no light :frowning2:

9. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I want you to put the razer blade and the bottle down now. Listen, suicide is not an option and never is and never will be. You will get through the things you are facing at the moment. I promise you that. (*hug*)

Listen, life is not a dark abyss with no light. It might seem this way at the moment, but it will get better. What you are facing is just temporary. (*hug*)

Hotlines do work. Keep trying calling them, please. You will get through to someone who will listen to you and who will and can help you, okay?

Here is a link to PFLAG in Orlando: http://www.pflagorlando.org/. I want you to call them tomorrow and ask them if they could help you to locate a support group near you. Here is the link: http://www.pflagorlando.org/feedback2.html. If you want, I can also contact them for you and help you to get into contact with someone.

Give EC a chance. I'm sure that people on here won't ignore you. Talk to some of us. Introduce yourself and try to make a few friends on here. Give it a try. I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of EC members who would like to get to know you.

You will be able to move on from the crush that you are having on your friend. As someone who has been there a couple of times, I can tell you that yeah, you will be able to move on from it and there will a time come when you will be able to talk with him without having the same feelings for him that you have now.

Give yourself some breathing space after having gotten into an argument with your step dad. Maybe after a while try to talk with him again and try seeing if you two can work things out by talking calmly with each other.

Talk to your mom too, and let her know what is going on at the moment in your life. Let her know how you feel. Talk with her. Go to your mum now, and ask her to listen to you. Tell her how you feel right at this moment.

10. s5m1

Hi there. I know how you feel. I was there too. Sometimes it feels like life is really kicking us in the ass and there does not seem to be anything you can do to make it better. I remember feeling exactly like that when I was 14. As hard as it may be to imagine now, these problems and bad feelings are only temporary. Please don’t give up. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You have so many wonderful years ahead of you that will be lost if you kill yourself. It is so hard to believe it when you are depressed but today’s problems will become yesterday’s worries. You can have a happy future; just don’t give up.

Ask someone for help. Anyone. Some people must think pretty highly of you if they are leaning on you for advice. Go to them, just as they did to you.

I know being picked on sucks. I used to get my ass kicked walking home from the bus stop more times than I can remember, while being called fag. It sucks and it hurts. But, let me tell you how it turned out. After a few years, one of the kids was in jail, the others went nowhere in life, and I now have the best life I could ever ask for with a great family and career. If I had killed myself, I never would have had that. You can have that kind of life too, as long as you don’t give up.

Please use us here at EC too. We will always be there for you.

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2010 at 11:36 PM ----------

Please call the Trevor Project. They are awesome. This hotline is staffed with people just like us who understand what we go through. Call them right now. You will proably feel so much better if you do. 1-866-4-U-Trevor.

11. jacobjake23

jacobjake23 Guest

hey if youre still online here and want to talk to someone pm me and ill give you my cell phone number, im 22 and struggled just like you are now, it took me talking to someone who i did not know at all to save me, maybe it will work for you

do something right now that makes you happy, watch a silly video, listen to your favorite song, go outside for a walk

a razor wont help (i know) it imprints a physical memory of when you were at the bottom, and often brought me back there

shoot me a pm..*67 to block your number

12. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of people have been in situations similar to yours. The best thing I can say is what someone once told me
    I fully understand that right now it looks downright s***y, but trust in yourself and the people here and you'll come out stronger than you were before. Listen to the advice of the people above and do not be afraid to ask for help. Even though I don't know you personally, I (as well as everyone else here) am here and can help.

13. Jim1454

Hey there. I've also been where you are, and I hate the thought of anyone being in such a dark and lonely place. I was there too, and I seriously wondered if I should somehow end it all. But thankfully I didn't. I had people in my life who helped me. And 3.5 years later I'm in a place that I couldn't even imagine being in then - life is so great!

I'm also a parent. And if one of my kids were feeling as down and alone as you, I would want to know. I would want them to tell me. I would do what ever I needed to do to help them. I don't know your family situation. You live with a mom and step dad it sounds like. Things might be rough financially right now - as they are across much of the US. That adds to the stress in a household. But your health and safety are more important than anything else - and your parents will want to help in any way they can.

At a minimum - they need to know how you're feeling. Share this thread with them if you can't tell them in person. Just tell them.

You can always talk to me. I've had to face some deamons. I've had to come to terms with being gay. I didn't always fit in as a kid. But I've come out the other side. And so can you. Let us help. Send me a PM at any time. Unless I'm asleep, I'll get the notificatino immediately that I have a PM and I'll get back to you. There's no need for you to feel so alone.

14. Hollowsoul

I can't my parents they don't know I'm gay and telling them any of this would meen telling them I'm gay. Not going to heppen

15. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Please do try to talk to someone though, a counselor and/or a teacher. They can and will help you to overcome the things you are dealing with. Asking for help is already a huge step forward.

Have you had a chance to make an appointment with a counselor at your school? (*hug*)

16. Crazyguy

Hollowsoul,

As someone that has suffered from clinical depression for several years I would like to suggest that you talk to a doctor or someone in the mental health profession about how you are feeling soon. Here is a link to resources in your area:
    <http://www.mhacf.org/>

If you are suffering from clinical depression there is help available. I've been treated for the past 14 years and most people have no idea. I understand only too well what it is like to be in that dark place and feel there is nothing to live for. Please take the steps to seek out help because there is help available. The cutting is a sign of mental health issues and the mood you describe sounds like major depression. There are medications and therapy that can help you.

Reading the pain in your posts made me sign-up here and write this note. There are people that care about you in this world, people you may not even know. I know you feel like you're all alone but allow others to help you. Clinical depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. There are antidepressants and other meds that can lift the depression. Please get to a doctor right away so you can begin receiving help. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.