1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HomoHetro, Oct 26, 2010.

1. HomoHetro

Hi all!!!
    I'm new to this site and to this sexuallity in general and i would really appreciate some help.
    I am 17, male, I have a bisexual girlfriend who knows about my orientation and completely accepts and loves me for who I am, she is the most amazing person in the workd and she's really helping me through the most awkward and metally and emotionally confusing time of my young life.
    Very soon, we are going to start experimenting and see if i truely am a 'woman trapped in a man's body'. I was wondering if there are any other people out there who is or has gone through anything like this and if they can give me any advice or something that would be really great :slight_smile: :help:
    Thank you!

P.S really like the site, everyone seem soo nice and there are so many wonderful, interesting and open people here :grin:.

2. Jay

Jay

Hiii!!!... Homo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well yes, you're not the only one. Taking the first step to accept your true sexual orientation is difficult, and most of the times we label ourselves in the wrong category. Until most recently I am realizing I might be more bi than Gay but that's my struggle not yours. So take your time and go patiently discovering yourself.

Going full-transgender is a definite, permanent, big, and sometimes scary at the beginning, but beautiful change you might go through. But it is something to not be taken lightly since it will imply that a lot, a HELL lot will change. It's not just a pronoun, or the bathroom you use in a restaurant, is the whole perception people have towards you. And it can be exciting!!!! Imagine feeling the way you were supposed to feel since you were born, to be able to wear a dress and heels and for guys (and girls!) to compliment on your newly acquired boobs or how good your hair is and whatnot. Oh lord I am soooo girly, sorry!!!

Anyways, feel excited for this journey and disregard the results, at the end life is a journey itself and you have to enjoy the way, because if we keep focusing just in the end result, the great things that happen to us daily will just pass by like a blur. And we love you!!!! Welcome to EC and hopefully we all won't make you dizzy with our constant love towards Gaga, Glee and Gays. GGG!!! Whooo!!! :grin:

I think we should form a GGG group. Ok, sorry for the ramble.

3. HomoHetro

Wow! thank you sooo much!! That's pretty much exactly what i've been trying to tell myself but it makes it sooo much easier knowing that someone else understands me! I love you! and i'm quite girly too! :L:L i'm also a fan of GGG :slight_smile: I'm very excited about these new experiences and i really think i'm going to enjoy this new way of life :grin: Thank you soo much for your help :grin: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Jay

Jay

You're so welcome!!! Remember that EC is a loving caring family that will be here no matter what. So don't hesitate on letting us know what's up! =)

5. HomoHetro

That's Amazing! I love it here!
    Also........you might be interested to hear that after being inspired by your kind words of encouragement i decided to go for it and see what it would be like to be a woman and it was amazing! i went to my girlfriends house and she helped me sooo much we actually tried on cloths together and pretended for a few hours that i was a girl and that we were lesbians :L:L it was crazy! i enjoyed it soo much and it has definitley changed my life! i'm so excited right now and i can't wait to see where this goes! I had a lot of fun and i'm very proud of myself and my girlfriend. It was by far the most insane thing I've ever done and it was amazing! I loved it! Thank you so much for all your help, It really gave me some strength to know that i'm not alone :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:
    xxxxx

6. divainite

I am proud of us too! ^^

7. HomoHetro

I Love You Jenga!

8. donnie5

I enjoy a good drag show as much as the next man...

9. HomoHetro

hey who doesn't??

10. MusicIsLife

<3 welcome to the fold :slight_smile:

Most of what I wanted to say has already been said, so I offer my hugs and support! <333

11. Blondie

Blondie Guest

Being Trans is NOT about drag shows or any thing like it its a struggle for those who go through it its more about accepting them selfs for who they really are we sit here and sy we are being supportive and then saying i love a drag show WFT not cool dude

12. Jay

Jay

Awww That's so cool!!!! Ia m so glad my words could inspire you.

And I have to say that Stewie has a point, drag shows are not the same as being transgender, but before you know for a fact that being a transgender is your best option since you feel most comfortable with that, you need first to go step by step. Maybe you just like going drag once in a while instead of full transgender, maybe you do want to take that step.

The most important thing right now for you, HomoHetro, is to find the perfect balance and comfort. That can (and most likely will) take a while and you might shed some tears or share some laughs with the One you love, or us, or many others. But if you feel you've reached a point where you're drowning, don't hurt yourself or dwell over it, instead talk to someone you feel comfortable with and let it all out. It gets better. Well, you know that already, don't you?

BIG BIG hugs from me!!! ^^ <3

13. donnie5

I was basing it off of when he said he was dressing up I was half being sarcstic and half joking and considering its all written and you can't tell the context getting extremley angry is kind of ridiculous...

I realize that being transgender has nothing to do with drag since in my youngers years I thought I might be transgendered before i realized i was just uncomfortable with my body.

I'm not a mean person everything i say is to be supportive...

BUT if I offended you in some way I apologize

14. HomoHetro

You did offend me and i didn't appreciate your comment. I'm not just some Drag Queen, i'm trying very hard to find out who I am and I figured out what makes me feel comfortable and I thought maybe if I put up my story I might get some support and I did! But 'donnie5' is after shaking my confidence quite a bit, maybe I'll keep it to myself next time.

15. peaceandlies

Ooh, I have definitely had some trans issues in my time. From the age of eight until eleven, I looked like, acted like and pretended to a guy, and I was convinced I was going to get a sex change as soon as I could. The funny thing is, I wouldn't have regretted it that much. Its always been confusing for me, gender and sexuality, because physically, I'm very close to being male anyway.

But I decided to stay mostly female, and not bother with hormonal treatments or anything. It wasn't a question of being true to my physical anatomy, just being true to who I am. If who you are is a girl, then I wish you all the luck in the world. I really hope it goes well for you.

Basically, just trying to say that you'll find a supporter at this laptop, and I don't think you'll find many transphobes here either. Good luck.

Is this 'experimentation' hormonal treatment? Or something I don't know about?

16. HomoHetro

Oh my God, you guys are amazing! So much kind words and advice, i love it! it's really helping! It's great to hear about your experiences too because im very interested in your stories and it lets me know that i'm not as alone as I thought I was :slight_smile::slight_smile:
    Big Thanks to Everyone! :slight_smile::slight_smile:
    also to 'peaceandlies', to answer your question, the experiment wasn't even as big as hormones or anything, im very very new to all of this so im taking it very slow. What I wanted to do was get myself into the mindset of a woman and fully convincing myself that i was a woman and see how it feels. My Girlfriend and I did it through cloths and talking and just getting my mentally focused and pretending that i was a woman. I think I successfully convinced myself, with a lot of help from my amazing girlfriend who made the whole experience soo much easier and fun and I found that I really enjoyed myself, felt a lot more comfortable natural and while we were talking I was able to let out a lot of strong emotions that I had suppressed because I was a male with many male friends who only talk about manly things would never dare talk about feelings or anything ike that. I tried but I wasn't actually able to remember when the last time I had cried was!

It was an amazing, powerful, life-changing, soul cleansing and self-realising experience. I'm very proud of myself, I'm sorry if anyone got the wrong idea, I think it was very innocent and that I did it for the right reasons and I loved it, I loved being a girl and my girlfriend loved it too! So i'm happy :slight_smile::slight_smile: xxx

17. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I think its great that you are experimenting and trying things out to see as to who you really are. That's awesome! I'm glad that you are taking it slow and trying to understand your identity.

That said, and given that you have mentioned that you are new to all of this, I'm wondering if you are seeing a counselor. If you haven't yet, or if you are thinking about it, I can only recommend and suggest to you to do so. Perhaps you could start seeing a counselor at school to start talking about all of your feelings and what you have just experienced.

Having a couple of friends who are transgender and having had the privilege of listening to their experiences on going through it all, I can only suggest to you to talk with a counselor about it all as well.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, read up on it as much as you can. Educate yourself about the process of transitioning. Perhaps also try to join a youth LGBT support group and talk with someone who is or has gone through the transitioning process. Start building a strong support network, of which your girlfriend will and is an integral part, early on. Your support network can also include counselors, teachers, individuals within support groups, friends, etc...