1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf should I do now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fiender, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Fiender

So, background:

I live in an area with very few gay guys (relatively), and the few guys we have are too old, too trashy, taken, or just not my type.

A couple months ago, I did find a guy I really liked, but he turned out to be both under aged and naturally very immature (our "relationship" didn't really mean anything to him, etc).

Now, I find myself relying on online dating sites to find guys, but their usefulness has come to an end :/
    I've been kinda chatting with a few cool people through these sites, but earlier today I just kind of had a moment where I realized that, one guy is in Canada, and the others are still an hour or two away from me (and I don't drive, nor am I in a position to move anywhere right now). So I just deleted those online accounts, and sent "sorry, nothing's gonna come of this" messages to the few guys I was chatting with.

Now, I do regret that a little, but I feel that I'm ultimately being a realist here. Regardless of whether or not what I did was right/wrong, what do you think I should do now? Aside from "hang in there, someone will come along".

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Don't hang in there. Work on moving."

Lex

3. starfish

If the mountain won't come to Muhammad, Muhammad must go to the mountain.

In this case you can pretty much take the literal meaning.

4. Jim1454

The fact of the matter is that you don't have to be dating anyone right now. So if there really aren't any people around, then I guess you're out of luck for the time being. (Although, Watertown NY isn't THAT small - I've been there!) And even if that's what you decide, it certainly doen'st mean that you'll never meet someone. Because the only constant in life is change. You'll move away or someone else will move in. You'll get a car or you in fact will find someone who isn't so far away that you couldn't visit once in a while...

5. Fiender

Well I also don't "have" to have a job, but I still want one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understood. But, as I like to say, "eyes on the prize". I had to endure living in a small town with no gay life for two years in order to move ahead in my career. Socially, it stunk, but I understood why it was necessary. And I spent the time working on me - expanding my horizons, working on some bad habits, and (hopefully) getting to a point where I would be better boyfriend material once I was out of there. And, of course, once an opportunity rose to leave, you can bet your sweet bippy I was gone. :slight_smile:

Lex