1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncertain about what to do and confused what's going on?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Dare2bProud

So, I said I wouldn't talk about work and I'm not sure why I always seem to have these issues. I'll be short and give cliff notes because I know I can be long winded.

*Off the road for four months, no contract, small season. Manager told me last minute I wouldn't have a contract for fall. Did not give me opportunity to look for other opportuity. Currently at home at my parents on unemployment until January when I start my new contract with the company for the winter/spring.

*Two weeks after I got home the owner called me to tell me I couldn't get unemployment because the company was an independent contracting company. She found out my manager never told us. She also found out from me that being off this season was involuntary and had gotten upset, in her words she said, "we don't just kick people out and put them on the street". My manager lied and told her I wanted fall off.

*I guess she ended up talking to him. There has been a feeling of animosity ever since, when I text preliminary business questions, email or even call he does not answer or go straight to voice mail. One time I had called my manager on Monday and he never called me until Friday. We both have the same job, its not that busy. One time I text him to ask the best time to call him, he text back saying, he would call me after his movie and never did. I didn't mean to get him in trouble, if I did, her and I were talking and I just told her that I would have kept touring and I wish I didn't have to take fall off which lead her to question and realize he lied.

*Today I caught the assistant manager on FB and told her I felt like I did something wrong because no one from the company had been speaking to me. She messaged back, "I wouldn't worry, we are all going through a lot right now." and then quickly logged off. I should probably take it as face value when she says not to worry but the logging off right after that without saying "I have to go. Talk to you later." All missed communication. I am getting worried. I have literally been avoiding buying my plane and travel tickets because I've been uncertain about what's been going on. We use to be a tight group. I use to talk to my assistant manager more than just coworkers on a weekly basis. I'm not sure what is going a wry?

Do I have reason to be concerned? i need to call the owner to ask some questions anyway, should I bring up my uncertainties with why everyone is acting the way they are? Its just making me sad. I'm in a good place right now, at home, no bills, unemployment, that if I don't go back, I can keep drawing a little until I can make a major jump somewhere else.

*** For those of you who are confused, I worked at a hotel for 2 1/2 years, even though my company now doesn't give unemployment insurance, the hotel did and I was able to draw from there.

Thanks!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a difficult situation. I'd talk frankly to the owner, make it clear that you don't want to create difficulties for anyone but would really like to work, and if there are any concerns with anyone, you'd like to work them out.

Then see where it leads.

3. Jim1454

Yes. Don't 'imply' anything from anything. Instead, ask clear and pointed questions in a calm and professional way. That's likely the best way to put your mind at ease.