1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just great!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Danny19

well ive never had a crush on a guy, and honestly i thought i wouldnt get one until later one.. but im now crushing on someone i didnt want to be on a crushing on... A few posts back i commenting that about a guy who was in all my college classes, H. Well at first he was kind of stupid. He seemed like all he did was get high and get drunk. He was sort of stupid. well now i have gotten to know him more. and he is a really cool guy. Deep down there is a smart nice and caring guy, and of course staight. lately i have been thinking about him a lot. But i didnt think it was anything. But now i know its a crush. however the bad thing is, my best friend, B, has a crush on the same guy. she told me and i felt bad. I think he likes her too cuz he wont stop texting her. They flirt through the phone and as much i as i want to act like i dont care i do. i feel bad being jealous of her. I love her, but i get jealous of her. I dont know what to do. She knows i like him too. Sometimes we play around and start fighting over him but i know that if anything B will get him.

Today he told her he was gonna break up with his girl because of some stuff. and told her he wanted someone cool and chill, he pretty much described her without saying her. she is very excited but she feels bad because she has a bf. but he is away because he is going to the marines.

anyways, the point is ii feel bad for liking the wrong guy, i know many of you guys have been through this so how exactly do you get over him. especially if you cant stop seeing him. Im worried i will be even more jealous if my friend B will get with him..

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Remind yourself that he is straight. If you have to, tell this to yourself several times a day. There is no reason for you to be jealous of your best friend. It can be difficult to see them flirting with each other and imagining the possibility of them getting together at some point because you have feelings for him.

Given your feelings for him, maybe it would be good if you could create some distance between you and him, at least until you know that you can talk with him without having the feelings that you are currently having.

Another thing you could do is trying to join a LGBT youth club either at school or in the area where you live. Try to make some new friends, and spend some more time with other friends as well. Distract yourself and keep busy as much as you can.

It can take a while before you will be able to move on fully, but it will happen. (*hug*)

3. Danny19

I want to have some space from him but i cant since we have various classes together and he always sits right next to him. He also hangs out with me and my friends. I dont want to be a jerk and tell him to leave, and i dont want to leave the group either so its kinda hard. Today was harder because i felt the crush bigger today. When i was with him i started getting nervous and i never get nervous around him.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Although it can be hard to create some distance, give it a try. The last thing you want to do is to do something that could have an impact on your friendship with him.

You don't have to be a jerk to him. What you could do is simply do a few less things with him, or try to meet some of your other friends individually. You could also just say to him "sorry I won't be able to join in tonight," or "hey, I'm gonna sit with [name] today." Try to create some distance. It doesn't have to be a complete break in your contact with him, but just enough for you to be able to move on from the crush.

In addition, try joining a LGBT youth club/organization either at your school or in the community. Getting to know others, and creating a couple of new friends outside of your current circle can help you in dealing with the crush.