1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im having mood swings -.-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Its really annoying, one hour i could be really happy but for large portions of the day im depressed...i just keep quiet though cause thats more efficient and i eventually swing out of them =/ its so annoying.....

I like hinted to one of my friends i was gay today, hes okay with gays and would still be my friend regardless, i just dont really trust him not to tell anyone 100% =/ and + id hardly be invited to sleepovers if im a "fag"....-.-

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

TCT, at your age it is not unusual for moods to swing high and low. I know that may sound a bit condescending and it is not meant to be. You are in transition from boy to man and as a result there are a number of things that are happening to not only your body (hormones) but also your mind, personality and character. You are in the process of becoming a self aware individual.

When younger things just seemed to be easier and care free as we are not into that mode of thinking we are individuals and don't have the worries or cares of being ourselves, we just are. When puberty hits, it heralds all sorts of changes, including us becoming aware of our individual selves and realizing we are independently different from those around us, but also begin to form opinions and decisions of our own. This produces a bit of fear as we are moving out of what we have become comfortable with as a child into a world of unknowns. We are becoming more responsible and have expectations either though ourselves for us, or from others around us. Nothing seems to be care free any more and we tend to look upon the days gone by as far easier and want to have that again.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen and part of the mood swings is because of that. We are facing unknowns and having to learn new lessons in being responsible and all the aspects of becoming an individual. Some of it is mystery, some of it is looked forward to, some of it is not, taking responsibility for our actions, thoughts, opinions, and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair or easy. It is work because we are so conscious of the process.

There is nothing you can do to have the world of yesterday for yourself, as it now is going to be different. But the thing you can do is to be patient with yourself and treat yourself gently. Change your attitude concerning it if you can. Don't necessarily be frightened by it. Have courage - courage is doing the right thing in the face of fears, it is not the absence of fear. Try to look to the process you are now entering as an adventure of self discovery as well as discovery of the world beyond yourself.

All I can say to you now is it normally turns out ok and it is not as bad as it may seem at times. You have a number of people here you can talk to concerning things that are a particular bother to you and can get advice on how to handle some of them. As you get more experience with doing so, you will become more confident in yourself in being able to face some of life's challenges. But be assured, you are never really alone, unless you choose to be.

This whole transition will be difficult at times, challenging too, but it is also a time of self discovery that can open new and wonderful aspects of yourself to yourself. Change, even good changes are hard things to do because it involves things that are unknown and that makes us uncomfortable. So again, be patient, be gentle and know you are not going crazy or having something happen that is out of the ordinary for all of us. You are now heading for adulthood but really, it isn't all that bad. And there are those of us here who are willing to help in whatever manner we can.

My best to you.

3. SpikySpice

Yeah I have moodswing every seconds, it's so annoying, I just wish it gose away, but like Jayhew said, it's norma, It's like fake feelings or emotions

But I cant take it, it's so hard to deal with it, i feels sad or happy by no reasons, sometiems i feel lonely and hate everyone by no reason

*sigh* hopefully this pass soon, and you too, hope you feel fine

But just remember taht it is fake feelings, youi feel sad nwo, but sure that you will feel happy again soon

4. Bryan

Jayhew basically said it, you are a teen and we have mood swings. Fact of life. But look on the bright side, with constant and quick mood swings, you should be happy pretty soon.

5. Louise

It's all been said by Jayhew.

I just want to say, be very sure of the person you tell. If you are not 100% sure that they will keep and respect your secret DON'T tell them. It is really, really hard to be 'outed' by someone if you are not ready and to people you don't necessarily want to know.

It is a priviledge (for the person being told) to share such an important secret, don't rush into things, this is your life and only YOU have the right to tell YOUR secret.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: i felt better today, and ive decided im not going to tell 'em.

And extra thanks to jayhew for that massive speech that made so much sense, thankyou so much :slight_smile: i love this place(*hug*)

7. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey...

I would say the same as all the rest. Teens are renowned for mood swings - all the hormones etc. With every "bad" hour comes lots of good ones. Your body's going through a lot. It's easy for me to say put up with it but it will get better. Part of growing up - if you know that, it should be easier for you.

Keep at it.

PS cool vids on "Youtube"

8. Tom

Tom Guest

ty ull always have me if u feel really upset -huggles-

ull have many others on here too and ill be happy to intorduce u to afew more ppl but u seem 2 be gd at makin friends so im sure i wnt need to. anyways i was lucky and didnt go thru this and very few friends did either but it is a phase and it will pass and ill be there right at the other end waiting for ya!