1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love high school.....haha

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blankpaper, Nov 3, 2010.

1. blankpaper

So I have a couple things that have been going on:
    Okay I went on a trip for a week and got to hang out with this guy who was kind of just an acquaintance before but during the trip we were talking a lot more. Someone we got talking about boyfriends and girlfriends and he says something along the lines of, "You've never even had a boyfriend!" I ended up saying, "Yea and I am TOTALLY okay with that." He asked me if I was gay and I just said no immediately. But he's been bringing it up lately and today he just flat out was like, "you are such a lesbian!" (granted at the moment I was staring at a girl lol) I completely denied it but I'm starting to think that maybe I should just tell him? I don't really know him all that well but I feel like he would be okay with it since he already suspects and is fine(?). This also ties into my other dilemma. There is a girl in my school (a year younger) who is just.....just awesome. I actually ended up spending some time with her over the weekend for a school event and we got along really well. Even though we had just met we talked with each other easily. I want to get to know her better but because she is a year younger we don't have any classes together. However, she is in GSA which I could join at any time. I'm just worried because I don't want to have to answer any questions I might get if I join. And if I do join I just know that guy is going to be like "I knew it!!". Oh and as a side note the girl that I like has a girlfriend :icon_sad: but they broke up and got back together just recently so.... yea. Any advice appreciated!

2. Jay

Jay

The guy is obviously accepting for two reasons: he either is truly accepting of LGTB people, or he wants the "manly" validation of "converting" a lesbian into straightness. Either way take it the good way, he's OK with you and the way you are. That's a nice person to come out first.

And about the girl you like, well there are plenty of fish in the water and maybe that fish is more of a shark tale right now so stay in place, but if you find some other fish you want to make her sushi then dive right in :wink:

3. x2x2x2x2y2

The girl is off limits(atleast for now). It might be good to join the GSA because they could potentially help you with coming out. As for questions, you could say that you're unsure(that is, if you don't want to come out to everyone there).

As for the guy friend, if you think that he wouldn't go around and tell everyone that you're a lesbian, than I say go for it and tell him. From what you've said, he seems to be ok with it.

4. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Straight guys love lesbians, I'm sure he'd be accepting lol. As for the girl, I'm gonna have to agree with x2, she's taken. If you wanted to join GSA because it would work to YOUR benifit, I'd say go for it. It could be a good experience, talking to people like yourself and others who are accepting.