1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in the middle

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The BC, Nov 4, 2010.

1. The BC

I can see the allure of a gay guy. Good to talk to for insight for men and women. Tonight marks the night I set in stone that id you are straight, dating, and I know you both - stay the f away from me. I got put into a shit situation cuz I'm too nice to turn away either of my friends when they are hurting. How does one avoid the gay in the middle situation?

I didn't speakk poorly of either and never would but f being in the middle. How do prevent this from happening?

2. Walolas

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0im2CW1jVaU[/YOUTUBE]

Buy Laso repelent? Or pass it off like J.D. did lol!

3. The BC

Hahaha. I wish life were a sitcom at times.

It would be so much easier.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've used the same strategy since college. (Oddly, I don't recall it happening in high school...) If two friends are dating, and they run into issues, I immediately let them know "I'm willing to listen if you want to talk, but don't make me choose between you." And even once the card is played, I have to tap it several times. It's common for them to start badmouthing the other, or "explaining" why they're the injured party and the other one is Satan spawn. At which point, I say "Sorry you feel that way, but I'm staying neutral through this." They're usually a bit unhappy, but understanding.

Lex

5. The BC

I like that approach. Going to give it a whirl. I am perpetually intregued/shocked at what the world brings to you when you are out. Its not bad, just so different.

:slight_smile: