1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still don't know who I am!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by manoverboard09, Nov 4, 2010.

1. manoverboard09

Some days I think I'm gay.. and other days I think I'm straight. It's so confusing. Basically I've had a hunch I was gay since about 13 I think. I'm now 20 going on 21 and I still don't know who I am. Basically I'm sexually attracted to men. Like I can look at the male body and be like.. wow. But yet I seem more physically and emotionally attracted to women. I put on a straight face when I'm out with friends and I'm sure some people probably think I'm gay.. but I always deny it. My freshman year of high school people would always ask if I was gay or bisexual, and like I do now.. I'd deny it. I know my parents would be disappointed if I said I was gay. One night I was suppose to go to a local gay club with some people from work, just to hang out, and my dad asked me if I was gay. I didn't know what to say to him.. so I didn't say anything. Basically I just don't know if I'll ever figure myself out. I wanna be who I am, and I wanna be that person now. I'm tired of living in this unsure scared life. :confused:

2. Walolas

I think your human but thats just me.

Sexual orientation wise ever considered that you might be BI and into both?

3. x2x2x2x2y2

It sounds like you're bi.

The way I see it, just go with the flow. If you like kissing guys, kiss guys. If you like kissing girls, kiss girls. Do what feels right and makes you happy.

A lot of parents aren't too excited to hear their kid is gay. In fact, most aren't. But there are a lot of them that eventually accept it. It'll take time, but it does happen. And if you're parents say that your sexuality disappoints them, well than THEY failed YOU because parents are supposed to love unconditionally.

Good luck and don't worry too much about this stuff. As long as you do what feels right, things usually have a way of going good.

4. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seems like you're straight but with gay tendencies.

If I was you I'd just say "meh, I'm straight but I find some guys attractive".

What kind of guys are you attracted to?

5. Holmes

All I'll say is that until I was 22, I fluctuated between the two a bit. I think there's a definite percentage of gay people who have some level of attraction to the opposite sex, particularly while they're young. At your age, go with what makes sense, come out properly when it makes sense, and just be easy about it for now. Right now you're bisexual, but that doesn't mean you'll always be to any meaningful extent.

6. Jay

Jay

Don't try to fit your octagon into a circle or a square. Don't even try to fit it on an hexagon!

What I mean by that is that labels are usually the thing that gets us depressed, since we can't fit ourselves into one category most of the time then we get sad and depressed. Instead of saying "I'm gay!" or "I'm straight!" or "I'm Bi!" just say "I like whatever I like!" and be done with it. There's no need to explain it further. I like what I like, that's it.

Whenever you start labeling yourself as a "Manoverboard" instead of a "gay" or "Str8" or whatever, things will flow soooo much easily and you'll be sooo much comfortable :slight_smile:

Good luck!

7. adam88

You're kinda like the opposite of me then. I really think women are sexy (or sexier than guys, on average), but prefer the company of guys(get along better with them etc.).

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sexual identities are fluid and they can change over time. Figuring it all out, can take a while, but it is okay to take your time to figure things out.

Take it one step at a time. Don't worry too much about how your parents might react or what they might say at this point. Try to figure things out first.

As it was mentioned above, follow what ever feels right for you. When you feel an attraction to a guy or to a woman, try to explore these feelings as much as you can and try to take note of the feelings that you do have and what feels right for you. Try not to fit one particular label or attach a label for the time being.

Are you at college/university? If you are, maybe try making an appointment with a counselor at your school. Often times, when we talk about things out loud, we can start making better sense of them and we can start connecting our feelings/emotions better. Also, maybe try talking with a couple of people who have gone through what you are experiencing. If you can, and if you haven't done so yet, try joining a local LGBT support group. Sharing experiences and listening to others could also help you in making better sense of your own feelings.

Hope this helps a bit! (*hug*)