1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Love etc, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Love etc

I'm the type of person to fall in love easily after going on several dates with a lady I like but... I am unsure about this woman.

She's positive and upbeat all the time, which I enjoy. I'm worried though due to a few reasons.

-I'm the first woman she's been with, though she's sure she's gay.
    -I'm a bit of a moody person. (I'm on SSRI's), and she doesn't seem to like negativity. I'm not sure how to explain my depression to her. Or if I should if we start dating regularly.
    -She's leaving in February to study her last semester abroad which could be a good thing if I don't fall head over heels but it makes me wonder what will happen to our relationship. She does want to date.

Any advice on this matter would help.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you are still unsure, maybe just keep dating her for now, and see how your feelings develop for her. If you feel that there is a connection or there is potential for more down the road, don't worry about that you are the first women she is dating.

Part of the dating is to get to know one another, and what makes one tick so to speak. If you feel comfortable, and if you start seeing her more often, maybe just bring that up and tell her a bit about your depression and that you can be a moody person. You don't have to tell her all the details, just enough for her to know a bit more about you, and for her to know that your moods can change at times. If she likes you and you two are having a good time, I doubt that it will make a difference.

When it comes to her leaving to study abroad for a semester, and if you two are dating or are together, it shouldn't affect the relationship all that much. That said, some have a difficult time with long-distance relationships no matter for how long they are and even though it is only temporary.

I think for now, maybe don't worry about it at this point. It's a bit early to worry about it. Keep dating her, and if your relationship develops from there, talk with her.

Hope this helps a bit.