1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy likes you?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VentinIntrovert, Nov 11, 2010.

1. VentinIntrovert

So I'm a virgin and like the most closeted person in the whole wide world. Being a dumb creeper I might have outted myself, however this counterpart might actually like me :icon_wink

So it started in one of my classes, this one guy is totally adorable and I see him staring around a lot. I creeped him out on facebook to see if he was gay, but realized that he didn't have a page. So I googled him instead, long and behold he had a google profile. Not realizing that I was logged onto my own account I "followed" him. Later realizing what I've done I unfollowed him. So now he probably knows that I'm creeping him out. The other problem is that he is totally religious. According that my gay friends, it's also an issue.

Anywho, so the other day in class I got a glance of him gazing at me several times. At one point I looked back and we like "eye fucked" for like several seconds. I kinda got nervous then turned away. I wasn't sure if he was looking directly at me or someone behind me but it was pretty amazing. I regret not winking back and now I don't know how to proceed. Am I just imagining things and letting my thoughts run wild? Or does he actually like me cause he knows I'm gay. BTW I'm exactly attractive either. Typical nerd!!!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! At this point, I would say that you are probably letting your thoughts run wild. Your safest bet to learn as to whether he likes you is to talk with him and get to know him. As you do that, you will learn sooner or later, a) if he is gay, and b) if he likes you. :slight_smile:

Strike up a conversation with him. You have a class with him together and have already a way into the conversation. Use it! :slight_smile:

3. Sicsemper79

I think you need to ask this guy to go get a cup of coffee with you ASAP. You don't have to come one to him like it's some 100% date... just say, "hi, i'm going to get a cup of coffee, wanna come with me?" If he's into you the answer will be yes... Also if he's doesn't want to or can't, it's not like you completely outed yourself or got hardcore rejected.

Be confident... its just coffee. Then talk to him. Ask him about himself and you will get a feeling as to how it's going.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

The "eye fucking" part made me giggle. lol

Anyways, he could like you or it could've been some other random thing.

Try talking to him and seeing what he's like. Get to know him. You'll never know what's on his mind if you don't talk to him.

5. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Nerds can be hot aswell :wink:

6. VentinIntrovert

The probably though is that we've never talked. I'm very shy around cute guys and he seems pretty quiet himself. It's a little ackward really. It's a fairly large class too, so I usually don't even sit near him.

7. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just take a chance worst that happens is you make a new friend, and if you get nevouse find out an interest you share with him(prefereably before hand) and talk about that. you just need to see if you have any common ground before you start try a convosation.look make friends with his friends and then him so by this time you will probably know him well, so you'll have better idea if a realsionshiption is viable. the worst thing that can happen you have a new groups friends you can also chill with.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. Maybe you could arrange it so that you sit nearer him. Before or after class, try approaching him and just say 'hi' and see what he says. If says 'hi' back, maybe ask him, stuff about the class, or try to get into a small talk with him.

9. BaeHeart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dont just expect so you wont get hurt, get that alot.