1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down lately

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oomf9, Nov 14, 2010.

1. oomf9

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know why but I have been recently been feeling kind of down. I just came out and still coming out.. I think so much has happened and changed this past year for me that I am still adjusting. Everything ended with my ex months ago but I cannot seem to get her out of my head recently.. I don't want to ever feel like I need someone to be fully happy but I do miss having someone there to share my thoughts with..I just feel an overall sense of being alone.. I find another thing is that 99.9% of my friends are straight and it is difficult to relate to them even though I know they are there for me.

If anyone has any advice/thoughts or has gone through the same thing, drop me a line..

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I honestly don't know any advice to give about the gf part, but maybe I can help with the friends part.

Is there any LGBT centers around where you live or(if you go to school/college) a GSA?? Try going there and making friends with people there so that they could relate to you more.

3. oomf9

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks. I'll try looking into something like that hopefully I can find something there.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Adjusting to things and getting used to the new things in your life, and also trying to work through your lingering feelings for your ex, can have an impact on you. Try to take it day by day.

As x2x2x2x2y2 mentioned, try finding a LGBT support/social group. If you are in school, maybe have a look at school or in the community and see if you can find something. Joining a group could help in you making some new friends and also moving on from your past relationship.

Moving on and getting over the feelings of missing sharing stuff can take a while. Feelings are a strange thing. One day we can be over someone and feel pretty good only to have it all come back the next day. But the more distance you create and the more time you spend with your friends, and try to do new things, the more you will be able to leave it behind you.

Whenever you feel alone, or just need someone to be with you for a little while, call a friend and ask if you can hang out for a little while with that friend. Yeah, friends can't give everything we might be looking for, but sometimes knowing that there is someone beside you and listens and can help. (*hug*)