1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating sites

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yourillusion, Nov 16, 2010.

1. yourillusion

I'm bi, so I have two accounts on a certain dating site. One for guys and one for women. On average I get three times more responses from guys than girls. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I can say or do that will sound more interesting to women?

Unfortunately, I realize being labeled as "bi" would illicit more responses from guys and next to none from women. But this site I think has just 'women seeking women' vs the other account 'women seeking men'. Although straight men liking bi girls, and women distrusting them is an interesting topic too.

Any thoughts?

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i get way more guys than girls checking out my profiles too. I think they just... hunt more? heheh, i dunno.

also you have to rememeber that percentages tell you there are far more men out there who consider you a potential mate than there are women.

#2 Pseudojim, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should do the hunting? :slight_smile:

Lex

4. peaceandlies

Well, considering there are much fewer lesbians than straight men, it would make sense

5. deep edward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think there are just more men on those sites than women.

6. Dare2bProud

Lex is right! Make sure you are also sending out "winks" and "messages" to others. Some people just window shop more then the contact others, but don't feel bad if your message gets ignored. Just keep trying!

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the others it is probably just because of the greater number of men there. It could also be that the girls are less forward about these things, im not saying there arent any girls would would start the conversation but maybe there are less.
    You could always try posting a profile on a different website and see if you get a greater response there.

I think its good to remember that it doesnt matter how many potential boyfriends/girlfriends there are out there only that the right one is out there.

8. yourillusion

Thanks! Somehow I overlooked the simple statistic of there being more men looking for women than there are lesbians. ::head-desk::

And, good point about contacting others. I never know what to say, and I'm sure it's the same for them too!

I think I feel a bit less disliked by women now. hehe.

9. Dare2bProud

Look at their profiles and just comment on something. If they say in their profile they like to travel, I usually just send them a question to start the conversation. "What has been your favorite place you've traveled thus far?"