1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i really so obvious?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okayz this was a post in another thread, but i wanted more opinions on this so yeah....

Today one of my gay accepting friends (who doesnt know im gay, no one does haha) said i acted really camp-ly and everyone had a suspicion i was gay LMAO!
    I just acted really offended, and apperently its the way i move my body or something o.0 its really werid, i never thought i was camp.....apart from my love of shopping ~ but shoppings fun soo.....and i know straight people who shop!...anyways i was just really surprised that everyone thinks im gay lol, makes me not want to come out cause its as if ive been beaten o.0 i know its a werid thing to say lol but meh.....i dont liek to lose >..>

:help:

2. pirateninja

You haven't been "beaten", in some ways, the fact that they guess you are gay (even though you're bi) will make it easier for them to come to terms with it because they can think it over, possibly thinking "what if he's gay, how do I react" and will have thought about it. In fact, I guess if you come out to them that you're bi when they think you are gay will probably make it even easier.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

3. Bryan

We should go shopping some time, JK. but seirously, I t is really obvious that I am gay. I am a crazy liberal, broadway thratre goer, shopper, cant play sports for shit, etc, etc. But my mom had no idea when I told her, you would be suprised who knows and who doesnt. But, look on the bright side, if people know that ur gay, coming out will be alot easier.

4. crimsonarcher

i am kinda obvious, mainly because 1 cousin of mine found out because of my walking..........

5. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, I've been told the way I walk is a dead giveaway. My best friend says I strut XDD

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of people are probably more obvious than they think they are. Like I'm pretty sure I was because a lot of people figured out I was gay before I did. Not that I was the butchest boy in the world but I hadn't realised so many people had clued in.

But you've really only "lost" if you were trying to stay hidden. And kinda treating it like a game. So if you don't try to hide, you won't need to feel like you've been beaten.

7. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm of the school of thought that how you walk or what your interests are have little or nothing to do with being gay. Being gay doesn't mean being effiminate- that's a stereotype that's frequently true but one that's frequently untrue. There are many gay people who are exceptional athletes and many lousy athletes are straight.

My advice is to not concern yourself quite so much with what other people think. If other people have guessed that you might be gay- it truthfully isn't anything more than idle speculation.

8. justjoshoh

I agree with Tim C, they are using stereotypes to define you. Those may or may not be true. Stereotypes are oversimplified opinions of groups as a whole. That means that all gays do "this" or all straights do "that". If a person does a certain act, be it "this" or "that" the person is placed into the category. There is no one gay voice, walk, or other attribute that separates us from straights. If there was, it would be all so easier to pick out your next date, without worrying whether he was gay or straight (which evidently from the threads I see in message boards is a big concern).