1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by reallynice21, Nov 17, 2010.

1. reallynice21

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone, I've always been attracted to girls for as long as i can remember; but I've only had boyfriends. I have made out with a couple of my (girl) friends and i really loved it. My family doesn't want to me to be this way (they don't know anything about this). I've only accepted recently that i was bisexual, and my current boyfriend is OK with it. But through out our relationship, it seems as though I'm always pressuring him for sex...maybe because it's not fulfilling to me and i want it to be. I'm really not sure what's going on with me. :frowning2:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

Are you a lesbian? You might be. Time presumably will tell. It's a bit odd that you keep pressuring your boyfriend for sex when you find it unfulfilling - I mean, when I find something unfulfilling, I tend to look elsewhere. :slight_smile: You might try changing things up somewhat to see if you can make it more satisfying.

As far as your family not wanting you to be that way...guess what? They don't get any say in the matter. It's a bit like saying "I don't want my children to be tall". Hey, if they're tall, they're tall. Coming out to them might not be an overly pleasant experience, but I'd say I wouldn't worry about crossing that bridge just yet. Keep working on you, and working on getting more comfortable with yourself first.

Lex

3. reallynice21

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for responding...... and thing with my boyfriend is that i love him a lot.... but the fact is that he's not a sexual person at all but i am. So i feel like when I'm asking for or something, I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing as a girlfriend... and if it comes to the point that he do mess around it's great while it's happening, but afterward i feel like NOTHING just happened and i'm bored.....

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if he's not that sexual, and you're left feeling unsatisfied, it might be that he simply isn't doing it very well. :slight_smile: I don't want to get into (ahem) a blow-by-blow account of what you do in the bedroom, but perhaps you'd better be served "taking control" - actively moving the sexual encounter along, being the "dominant" partner to whatever degree you're comfortable with.

Lex

5. guacj

I think that you might have answered your own question. You said that you have always been attracted to girls, and that you love making out with them. I think you are the only one that really knows the answer to this question. As far as only being with men that really makes no difference on your sexuality since you cannot choose whether or not you are gay, but you can choose to act straight or gay. I think that you might be a lesbian or even bisexual. I was in a relationship with a woman for a couple years before I finally came to accept who I am, and I haven't been happier. Good luck! We are here if you need us!!!!

6. Mogget

Part of your problem, it sounds like, is that your bf just isn't that interested in sex. If you are bi, rather than lesbian, that could easily "tilt" your attraction towards females. If you were in a more sexually charged relationship you might find yourself more centered on your bf... or maybe not. Sexual orientation can be confusing.

7. Holmes

You can't really know until they find out. Parents can be nervous talking about sexuality in general, so how sure are you that they'd disapprove so much of you being a lesbian?

8. reallynice21

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys so much for your advice. I've been really thinking more and more about it, and I've talked to my friend (who is a lesbian) and I've decided that i should start going out and just being around gay women. If it makes me uncomfortable, then maybe it's something else. I'm going to my first lesbian bar on Tuesday!!!

9. NordicSpirit

Have fun!! :icon_bigg

10. Thing

Well, I think that you can really do is wait.
    I had a similar experience and then one night I had a dream (Oh no, I've been possesed by MLK) and I won't go into the details of that but it basically confirmed my sexuality.

Life can be confusing, just hang in there.

Thing
    (*hug*)