1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MMAnick, Nov 19, 2010.

1. MMAnick

Im lonely and even though Im bi i want just a boyfriend right now. My dad keeps presuring me to get a girlfriend and I have tried but girls, for some reason, just like to play me and move on to someone they really want. Would it be a good idea to try and find a secret boyfriend and not tell anybody and if so where should I go to look for one. Is there anywhere online i could go thats not flooded with people just wanting sex because i want more than that and not quit sure if Im ready (expecally with somebody i dont know).

2. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe someone lives near you on here? If you dont want sex, I'd stay on forums such as these. I've never had experience on dating sites but I heard that many people expect sex when they meet up with you. I dont know though, I'd wait for someone else to comment who has had more experience in this type of thing.

3. MMAnick

It just sucks being so lonely all the time. Its funny I like a sport like kickboxing and MMA but i want to be held in someones arms.

4. Beachboi92

from what i have heard trying for a secret BF has never worked out really great xD it is hard enough to be open and try to find anyone interested in more than sex. Honestly guys u run into are not gonna be much better than women, people are all the same really. The best thing i can recommend is working on yourself. I don't mean to say the cliche but you can't be happy in a relationship if you are not happy alone.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! My suggestion would be to try getting to know a few new people by perhaps joining an activity in school, in your community centre or by perhaps joining an LGBT support group in your area. Maybe have a look at your area PFLAG chapter's website and see if there is something in your area.

Having said that, to increase the chances of finding one, you do have to come out to some extent. It is hard finding a boyfriend let alone maintaining a relationship while being in the closet. In fact, having dates or a boyfriend while being in the closet can make a potential relationship quite difficult. You can't talk about having a boyfriend, and your boyfriend can't talk about it either. That means that you two are going to be each others secrets, and you want to avoid that. It can create quite a bit of strain on the relationship, to the point where one is going to pull the plug.

Maybe what would be a good strategy would be for you to perhaps think about first about coming out, say to a couple of friends and have at least a bit of an outlet to talk about having a boyfriend. Not only that, but coming out first will also allow you to become more comfortable with being yourself around others and also more at ease. The last thing you want to do on a date is to constantly look around to make sure that no one sees you that you might know. Although it might look all innocent enough, your thoughts and mind are going to be racing. The more comfortable and at ease you are around others, the more enjoyable your date(s) will be. Going on a date is already nerve wracking as it is. Why make it harder on yourself?

Over time, and as you come out, you will find someone with whom you will be cuddling, having someone in your arms and holding hands.

Yep, it is hard but maybe you can use your desire to have a boyfriend to kick start your coming out process. (*hug*)

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe what you need is a good friend, not necessarily a boyfriend. While it may not fill the sexual gap, it can fill the lonly gap