1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this weird or just me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MMAnick, Nov 21, 2010.

1. MMAnick

I dont have a pic of myself up yet so no one here knows what i look like. Im about 5'6" 155lb athletic and black. Now when it comes to women i like all races, styles and whatever. As long as she has a nice personality, cute, and likes me its a good chance that im going to be into her.

When it comes to guys, on the other hand, its more difficult. Well not really difficult nice and cute and all that still apply but race is important. I am in no way or have i ever been attracted to a black guys. And i feel like thats ironic because im black

A few people have told me "thats just what you like" and that its nothing to worry about. Others have said that it might be some kind of subconscious self-hatred thing bc i'd rathar not be bi or gay or whatever. Im not quite sure if thats normal or not. What do you guys think?

2. ArcaneVerse

its normal, it is simply what you like. Doesn't mean anything more then that.
    Some people may view it differently, but who cares? unless its a problem for you its no big deal.

Usually this question comes up when someone is worried they are being racist for only finding one race attractive or when one race is excluded from their list of turn ons, but skin colour and other attributes related to race are defining features and they either work for you or they don't.

Its equivalent of liking or not liking a certain hair colour or body type or gender etc., reading anything more into it is usually unnecessary worry, you cant forcibly change your tastes.

3. godfather

godfather Guest

It's all just about preference, it dosen't mean you hate anything or anyone because you don't find certain people attractive!

Don't worry about it and just go with the flow!

:thumbsup:
    GF

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's good that you question your feelings. Perhaps it IS just a preference, or perhaps there IS something deeper going on. But it's tough to tell based just on the information you gave us. Perhaps give it some more thought. Draw a mental image of some guy you might be attracted to, paying special attention to their non-physical attributes (demeanor, sense of humor, interpersonal interactions, hobbies). Then, once you've built him, switch him to Black. Not feeling it now? Why not? Because "there are no Blacks like that"? Because what people might think? Anything else? See what you come up with.

Lex

5. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard a lot of people voice such opinions before. Its not a problem.

Some people are way too quick to jump to that own-race-hate thing. I wouldnt worry about it. You like black girls so it obviously doesnt apply to you.

I'm not attracted to any Asians, as far as I know.

6. MMAnick

I've done this before and there are black people that fit the description but im immediately turned off. I dont know why but when i even think of a black guy in a romantic or sexual way it makes me sick....really.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't there is anything to stress over. Its personal taste, and its something other people seem to make a big deal out of more then anything else.
    I know white women who prefer black men and vice verse; and, I've heard people who think that is "wrong" but is it really? why have such a closed minded way on races mixing? Its been going on for hundreds of years! Personally I think maybe those people who make a big deal about it are just worried about the competition.

8. Thing

The people who say you're racist are far more likely to be racist than you. They may well be trying to press their feel onto you.

I'm not attracted to black guys OR girls but I am in no way racist.

Don't worry about it.

Thing
    (*hug*)

9. Paradox

Hmm I wouldn't worry about it really, I am mixed (black and white) and I really can't picture myself with a 'white' guy, I think it's mostly because I grew up in an African society and all the people around me are black so the image of an ideal partner is pretty much the same as everyone else's here (I'm not saying all Africans aren't attracted to white people), even when I still thought I was straight I liked black girls, I like to think it's a matter of preference because I am NOT a racist in anyway. Some people really make a big deal about that but heck it's my life and I'm the one who gets to choose who I want to be with so I say fuck 'em.

10. midwestblues

The guy I lost my virginity to was a bisexual black guy who was attracted to all races of women but was not attracted to black guys at all. You're not alone.