1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its all happening over again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by peaceandlies, Nov 21, 2010.

1. peaceandlies

Okay, I'll start at at the beginning. A few years ago, I got depressed, started cutting and at a couple of points I tried to kill myself because of antigay bullying. But I got over it, and I havent cut in years.

And now I just don't know what to do. My parents are making my life living hell and literally every time we speak I just want out. An hour ago, I got home after walking home in the dark for an hour, after I walked out on my parents in a restaurant because they were upsetting me so much. My mom just tried to talk to me, and I told her how upset she was making me (you know, how your supposed to.) and she just went crazy and started talking about things I'd said weeks ago and she just has no idea how close to the edge I am right now.

I'm leaving home in eight months, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

I know I really need help but I don't know where to turn. I can't get therapy without going through my parents, and anyway, they would insist on being in on the sessions. And right now I'm just ready to jump off a building.

Just fucking help me someone

2. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its lucky that you are getting out of there in 8 months. At least you know that you're not going to be there for much longer. And then you'll have a lot of space to yourself and you wont have to put up with any of that any longer. Your relationship with them will almost certainly improve once you've moved out.

I wish you the best of luck. Sorry I cant give more advice. Wait for one of the veterans here, I'm sure they'll have a whole lot more to say.

(*hug*)

3. peaceandlies

Hmm, wish I would get that thing called space. Unfortunately, I wont due to boarding school. I'm going halfway across europe to escape them. Thankfully I know that boarding school doesnt affect me the way they do (i've been before, and got pulled out for monetary reasons). Thanks for the support. As for my relationship with them improving - well, it didn't last time. But it wont matter.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a school counselor you can talk to? A teacher? A friend?

5. peaceandlies

No counselor. Teachers are homophobic. And I'm too scared to talk to my friends.