1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by friedgabe, Nov 25, 2010.

1. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have never thought of myself as good enough for a boyfriend.
    I want one, soo badly. But even if I got one, I honestly do not think I'd be a good boyfriend.

I also think I'm ugly... so... that doesn't help in the actual getting of a boyfriend.

Anyways... I guess I just need someone to tell me I'm worth something... but like the only way I would really believe them is if they were my boyfriend... So, I guess I'm hopelessly lost in the viscious cycle of self-destruction.

Advice?

2. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    But, you know... Don't all try and help me at once. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Artemicion

Hahaha...I was thinking how to reply this...Your second post made me laugh hehe.

Ok, well my first thought is you're 16, so I say, don't rush things. Just be on the look out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am sure you will find someone, but then again, this is coming from a person thats currently out to like three people ><.

As for the other thing, what makes you think you're not going to be a good boyfriend? I find it odd...i'm sure there's qualities in everyone that someone else wants :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Lastly, I don't believe anyone is truly ugly as it is subjective. So, I say, cheer up!

By the way, I found myself staring at the mirror many times. One day I looked in the mirror and I was like..wow I look good. The another day I saw myself and I'm like wow, I look pathetic. So...what do you see in the mirror now? Tomorrow? A week from now?

Hehe, hope that gets you thinking in some other directions :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, that does help. :slight_smile:

5. vrocotamy

Chicago, IL/Vienna, Austria/North Jersey, NJ
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been there before...and am still there, a lot. I ended up figuring out this year that the issue is, for the most part, that I don't think I'm good enough for a boyfriend, but that "not thinking you're good enough" is the reason I don't have one. And, since one only gets "good enough" through experience, you need to get a boyfriend first....but if you don't have high enough self-esteem, how do you get that boyfriend? It's a really frustrating vicious circle. But, what I ended up thinking about a few days ago was why I wanted one so badly in the first place...and that, for me, wanting one so badly was due to not thinking I'm sufficient to create happiness for myself on my own. For me, what I ended up realizing is that I needed to improve my self-esteem in order to not feel so despondent about being romantically alone. This might work for you too...just think of ways to create happiness for yourself, and like yourself, and good things will come to you. I know this seems really hard and too simple at the same time, but it's not as complicated as you think. Good luck - James.

6. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, James. That does help...

And I've been told that multiple times... but I just cannot make myself happy for long enough... :frowning2:

7. justcrosby23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been thereeee.
    And I've seen MANY pics of you and you are definitely attractive
    And from talking with you, I can tell that you will definitely make a great boyfriend one day and, as previously stated, you're only sixteen. Give it some time :]

Hi, by the way! :grin:

8. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, Justin! <3

Thank you, that was really sweet.

9. maverick

Seriously dude, you are totally adorable. Just own it.

Your problems getting a boyfriend probably stem more from self-esteem issues than being "ugly" ('cause believe me, you're not). I've been there on the self-deprecation end, so I feel ya whole-heartedly, but just remember you have to believe that you are beautiful before you can convince anybody else. :kiss:

10. friedgabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, thank you very much. :slight_smile:
    That means a lot.

Some days are better than others with me... like... I'll feel totally hot one day and totally ugly the next...

But like, when I'm talking to a boy, I usually make it known to him that I think I'm hot shit.
    But they never take the bait... :frowning2:

11. Ongaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's how I feel. Sometimes I'll think I actually look really good and I'm pretty confident about it, but then there are other days when I think I look like absolute crap and there's nothing attractive about me at all. It doesn't help that no one seems to pay attention to me in that way, so my confidence goes even lower. I keep trying though, hopefully someone will come around for the both of us :slight_smile: