1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let go and move on or search for closure?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smile, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Smile

Recently I started to work out things with an old best friend of mine, that had began hating me for a reason I am still unaware of all these months later. I decided not to ask and went on to forgive and forget and tried to be friends with him again.

It was all going great until he suddenly deleted and blocked me again.

I decided that this time I was going to ask for an answer to avoid all the hurt I went through last time without an answer. No point ignoring it, I need an answer no matter what it is.

However some of my friends know the reason but they told me not to ask him because it would only make me very angry. I don't know what this means but I respect their decision not to tell me the actual reason.

So now I am just really confused, do I work on letting go and moving on or do I search for that closure by asking him?

Any advice?

2. NordicSpirit

If it was me I would want to know. :slight_smile:

3. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, if other people knew i'd definitely want to know. But then again, if it's really bad you might be better off not knowing. :confused:

That probably isn't much help but whatever you do, i hope it doesn't end too badly. (*hug*)

4. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    If it were me, not knowing would eat at me. Also - I'd rather find out than pretend that nothing happened and put it all behind me. I think it's important to find out, because even though it may be painful, it'll be a learning experience that you're able to take with you in the future.

5. I`d advise you to ask him why. :slight_smile: I honestly find moving on nearly-impossible if some things are left unsaid.

6. RaRa

I disagree. Don't bother asking. He seems like a douche.

Find a new best friend who isn't psychotic.

7. Elven

Well it may be something that will annoy you or they may be exaggerating but either way I'm sure that something which can interupt your life like that is worth knowing, I'd just try to keep an open mind (*hug*)