1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brekachu, Nov 27, 2010.

1. brekachu

brekachu Guest

M'kay. I don't know how to start this, but I'll try to get my point across. I need advice on how to come out to my parents. They're divorced, my mom has terminal cancer, James could care less about my life (my stepdad), my dad always talks down about homosexuals, and I have a hunch that Dee knows I'm bi (stepmom). My mom has gotten worse in the past month. She had a stroke and has 2 new tumors on her spine. I'm only at her house every other weekend and I don't know how to bring up being bi in conversation since James rarely lets me near her and I don't want her to pass without knowing. Any help is appreciated loves :3

2. Paper Heart

First, I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to you and to your mother. I hope that she is in as much peace as possible right now. If you need to talk, we're here for you.

I think that you should talk to James about letting you see your mother in private. Go for the mother/daughter angle, as awful as this situation is. Or test the waters with him and see if he'll let you tell her. Coming out is already a mountain to climb and with all your added troubles, you seem to be climbing the Aggro Crag (kudos to anyone that gets that).

Maybe you should try to talk with Dee. If she is suspicious and isn't burning you with fire and brimstone, you could have an ally when coming out to your dad.

3. brekachu

brekachu Guest

Thanks for the advice :] things are happening sooner than I wanted though and mom went to the emergency room this morning.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really feel it's important to tell your mother this bit of information, just ask for some private time alone with her so you can talk one-on-one with her. You're her kid - everybody should respect that.

As for the other three, I don't see much need to tell them. You might talk to Dee if you feel she'll be supportive. Otherwise, just look elsewhere for support right now.

Lex

5. brekachu

brekachu Guest

It's just something I would like her to know so then I won't have any regrets when the time comes.