1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guy troubles.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaius, Nov 28, 2010.

1. gaius

gaius Guest

I'm a teaching assistant in a foreign country, i wont go into too much detail about the wheres and the who's at this point but lets call the love interest dave.
    When i first met him he seemed like your average straight guy, which i had no real attraction too whatsoever.
    As time has gone on we have become good friends, and are by and large very close. I have noticed recently however that he has become a bit more than averagely "touchy", and by this i mean he will sit pressed against me when there is a large amount of space for example; and i don't just mean once or twice.
    Now normally i would put this down to me being hopeful and noticing just because i like guys, and him just acting normally with a friend.
    Last night however there was a big party and we all got a little (all right incredibly!) drunk, and he again stepped it up a notch; i increasingly found his hand resting on my leg throughout the night, and when one thing scared him he sort of jumped into my arms.
    Again normally i would put this down to me being gay and single, and reading into things too much.

Finally toward the end of the night he gave me a hug and then kissed me a few times on the neck and on the cheek. Now he knows i'm gay and i dont know any other of my straight guy friends who would do that (to me or any other guy) so it made me wonder. At the time i decided he was too drunk to make any kind of move and i put him to bed a bit later on so it never came up. Normally i ignore most things as a matter of me being hopeful, but last night, a couple of other people at the party, and during the aftermath today said it was more than friendly last night.

So sorry for a rant but i guess the question would be, what do you guys think?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My question would be "What do you want to happen?"

Option one. Ask him about it. Don't confront him or get accusatory. Just get him alone, stay friendly and light, and tell him what happened. Make sure you tell him that you enjoyed it, but you're getting some mixed signals, and you don't want to get the wrong impression from him. Chances are great he'll chalk it up to "I was so drunk", and say it won't happen again. And then, most likely, it won't. He MIGHT admit he's curious, and you can take it from there if he does. But it's more likely that he'll backpedal.

Option two. Make a move. Next time you all get hammered, and he starts making moves on you, make some back. Return kiss for kiss, get your tongue in there, and decide where to go if you decide to go down on him. This option is far more likely to get you into his pants. However, it's also far more likely to make the relationship really weird. The next day, he might cut contact completely. Or he might confront you about "taking advantage of him". Or he might just pretend nothing happened, and you'll be friends by day with benefits by night. It's pretty rare for somebody to simply come out and say "OK, I'm gay and let's be boyfriends" after such an encounter, though.

Your call.

Lex

3. gaius

gaius Guest

thanks lex, i would like something to happen but i don't want things to get weird, another problem is that he leaves on the 11th of december or something so i guess the only thing i can really expect is option 2. hmmmn

4. VentinIntrovert

I wouldn't call it trouble... it think that's awesome... congrats...

5. gaius

gaius Guest

haha trouble maybe isn't the word but it could be a lot more fun if i knew he was gay for sure!

6. Taurusguy92

I caught that Gargoyles reference lol