1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norepinephrine

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jeremy, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Um... what if I'm straight??? I'd say I'm confused right now, but I don't think I'm confused; I can't tell.

I think I'm just a closet hetero trying to label myself something I'm not.

Except that's not true. Arg.

The brain is a game, and there's no way to win.

When does behavior become orientation? Oh yeah, "there are as many sexual orientations as there are people in the world." Still... the question is unanswered (unless we admit that there is no such thing as orientation).

Usually I'm more organized than this, but yeah. Sorry. lol

Is there like a "science" section to this forum? That would be cool.

2. midwestblues

3. Jeremy

That made me laugh for like ten minutes straight XDDD

Edit: Haha! No pun intended! lol

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

The truth is that you are what you are. I wish anyone could just tell you your orientation. Wouldn't that make life easier? Everyone has a different story, a different final realization that made them sure of their sexuality and you need to figure that much out because no one else can tell you what your orientation is. Orientation =/= Behavior. Behavior has nothing to do with sexuality. I know people who are gay/bi that would shock you if you met them. I also know people who are straight that you would probably bet money that they're gay but they aren't. Don't feel the need to label yourself. Let yourself just be and go explore (metaphorically). Go experiment with your sexuality a little. Use your imagination to try and see what you are attracted to.

5. Jeremy

Er... yeah, sorry. I was misleading with word "behavior." I meant it to mean exclusively sexual behavior; it was not my intention to have it confused with the "behavior" that means "how you act around friends and junk."

My question about behavior and orientation more specifically is asking something along the lines of "how much sex can you have with the same sex until you're considered gay?" This then brings a myriad of complex answers and scenarios one must understand just for the basic fundamental understanding of what potentially could be reality.

As for myself, I have a fairly decent understanding of emotional intelligence and how I as a human will operate in terms of sexual drive. It's not my orientation that I'm questioning or am even concerned about for that matter. It's like getting yourself all worried over the potential of liking chocolate. I could care less if I like chocolate or not, but if I do, I might as well eat it.

Sometimes I think the world is more superficial than anyone would have ever imagined.

EDIT: lol that last sentence was not directed at anyone specifically (I just realized how douchey that sounded! lol) I'm really referring to how superficial an action might be that people, myself included, try to analyze at a level that is superfluous to the original intent or meaning of such an action within a given context.

#5 Jeremy, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Elven

I'd say sexual behaviour doesn't effect your orientation, you could be a straight guy, have sex with a guy, and still be straight. It's about what attracts you and what you *feel*, though that may or may not be more fluid with some people. If you were only attracted to guys, had sex with a girl, and were still only attracted to guys, you'd still be gay, not bi, regardless of the act.

In other words no matter what you *do*, your orientation is something that you can define yourself by what you *feel*. You could have some attraction to girls but it's negligible enough that you feel better by saying you're gay or it may be enough for you to say you're bisexual. It's more about how you see yourself not how everyone else does, what label makes you feel most comfortable or what you feel defines what attracts you best, if you choose to go by one at all.