1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furry Frusterations.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nerdtendo, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Nerdtendo

I know this is a section to get help/advice/support for certien things, but I guess this might be a bit of an odd one. Some of you know I'm a Furry (one who belives he/she has an inner animal), and even fewer of you, if any, know that I have to put up with Anomonis (spelt it wrong, but I dont care. not exactly worth Spell Check). There is this one girl who is Anomonis and knows I'm a Furry, but even though she has recently hated me, I still considerd her a freind. Now that my brother is in High School with me, He's been giveing her a hard time. she actuly came up to me and told me about it. now, I should say that, though a few weeks ago she's 'Fursicuted' me, she is currently warming up to me on a freindly basis. I have apologized to her on my brother's behalf,and I have asked my brother to stop, but I dont know what to do. Should I keep trying to make peace between all three of us (me, her and my bro)? or should I join my brother and give her a hard time (which, by the way, I dont want to do.). Perhaps I should just let it go and ignor her completly, but I dont wanna be rude...It's very distressful.

2. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    dont do something you dont want to...
    Anmd could you further explain wtf a furry is???

3. Nerdtendo

Well, I belive I posted a form somewhere in the site. lets see if I cant dig it up...

well...for now, just watch this. Any questions, I'll be happy to awnser, but this is a generual overveiw of the Furry Fandom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrg9KhJbl0w

Of corse, I take it as the Personal Belive of an Inner Animal Spirit.

4. Bryan

I dont exactally under stand the whole you think you are an animal thing, and your friend thinks she can turn in to animals?, Whatev. But if your brother is bothering your friend, just tell him to knock it off.

5. ALieToDieFor

I fond that..entertaining...
    So a furry..is like someone who is human and likes to be a cat, dog, bird, etc?

6. Ty

Ty Guest

sounds like one step away from bestiality =/ ITS ILLEGAL!

7. TeeBe

I am kind of surprised to see a reaction like that on EC! Some people think that homosexual acts should be illegal too, remember?

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Please everyone, don't attack each other. Please try to understand what the discussion is about before commenting. It is not about bestiality.

Nerdtendo stated "I'm a Furry (one who belives he/she has an inner animal)".

9. TeeBe

Sorry :icon_redf I didn't mean for that to sound like an attack. I just meant to point out that the majority of EC members are sexually deviant (in the literal meaning of the word- deviant, against the grain, different-NOT meaning bad). It is akin to saying that we are all bad because we are all different. No two people are the same, right?

Sorry if it sounded harsh (*hug*)

10. Nerdtendo

All right, let me try and get this all in order. Bryan, not quite. I'm aware that I'm human, but she is aginst me haveing my Inner animal spirit. ALieToDieFor, right on the mark. ThatCrazyThang, no, we are not into beastality. that just happens to be a bad rumor started up by MTV. Paul and TeeBe, thanks for helping me out there.

11. ALieToDieFor

woah...lol..this stuff interest me...
    iLoveLearningAboutDifferentThingsLikeThis.

I like questioned someone who was 19 and into beastality to death.
    He was happy to answer my questions.
    If I can like question you on this would you pm me? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :eusa_danc

12. Vampyrecat

I'm a bit of a furry...anybody who's seen me in the chatroom knows how obsessed I am with cats and that I say "meow" all the time, I seriously wish I was a cat. They're so lucky. Tell the girl to grow up and your brother to get a life.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

Just checkin' ^_^

And i think theres a slight difference between sex with a human and sex with an animal =/ @ whoever said something about homosexual acts being illegal ~

14. Louise

I agree with Vamprycat! This girl definately needs to grow up and get a life and What on earth has this go to do with your brother?

You will end up runninng round like a headless chicken if you try to make the peace with everyone. Tell your brother that you appreciate what he was trying to do for you but that unless you ask him specifically for help you would prefer to 'fight your own battles'.

You said that you have apologised to this girl for your brother's behavour, it was for your brother to apologise but it was a nice gesture on your part. Tell this girl that you have talked with your brother and that if she has problems with him in the future she must sort it out herself, you are not your brother's keeper.

If you enjoy this girls company be friends with her, if not just be polite and get on with your life without getting embroiled in messy situations which are just upsetting for everyone.

I don't think you should side with your brother, for the simple reason that you don't want to, you will feel bad about it and a sorry situation will become even worse. Rudness to this girl will lead you to as much unhappiness. Just do what feels right to you.

I have never heard of Furries but it sounds good to me. Have you ever heard of a serial killer penguin, or a psycopathic peadophile dolphin? NO because animals are nice, pity we can't always say the same for humans! :dry:

15. TeeBe

Homosexuality wasn't decriminalized in Canada until 1969. I am not sure about other countries. There are still countries where it is actually illegal to be gay. I am so glad I don't live in one of them!

I am with ALieToDieFor on this...I find it very interesting. Could you maybe share more about the Furry Fandom?

16. Ty

Ty Guest

I was speaking to someone who mentioned homosexuallity being illegal, not the fact that they said it, i just couldnt remember their name.

17. Nerdtendo

Well, I know only a bit of info on Furry, but here is what I do know. There are confreinces all over the world, the most famed being Fur-ther Con-fusion or FurCon (I belive there next Con is in Japan). Some would consider Furry to have been started by Native Americans, though it should be noted that there are some diffreinces. And I suppose the one thing thats gotten us into trobble is just adding Furry slang to the word Sex (Yiff). In some people's minds, they must of thought that Yiff was with animals only, but it's just the same product with a diffrent lable.

Uhm...If there is anything else to add, I guess that I would be a German Shepard (K9 Live 4 Evah!). ^.^ Any other questions, just ask!

18. xequar

Everyone here should read this link. It's also worth going out onto YouTube and searching for the videos from Anthrocon, which is a huge annual furry convention. The basic gist of it is that some people believe they have a sort of animal spirit within them, and they enjoy expressing that persona in various forms with other like-minded people. To interact with a furry, it's almost like getting to know two people if they reveal their furry persona to you. In no way does it involve bestiality, though. Some assert that the beginnings of the fandom are from Disney's "Robin Hood," which of course featured characters that were people in every way, except that their outer forms were animals, and believe it or not, I've found it to be a really good comparison.

Nerdtendo, how is it that I'm not a furry and I know all this stuff? :icon_wink :icon_wink Just razzin' ya! One of my good friends is a furry.

As for this other thing, you know, the topic for your post, I'm curious why you consider this person a friend. From what you're describing, it sounds to me as though the only reason that she's warming up to you now is because your brother is giving her a hard time. Now, if she genuinely is your honest-to-goodness friend, you should consider stepping in on her behalf and trying to talk to your brother. BUT, but, if I were you, I would give some long and hard consideration as to whether this person is even your friend in the first place, and if so, is she a good enough friend to warrant the trouble? Until you can honestly answer those questions with a complete and unequivocal "Yes," then you shouldn't be meddling with the situation.

19. Nerdtendo

Ah, my negligince to explain. How I hate it so. She and I where introduced by a Mutual Freind, and we got along fine untill the subject of Furry came along. ...so, we where freinds, but she turned bad.

20. xequar

She turned against you because she found out you're a furry? Let her twist in the breeze, then. If a "friend" can't accept you for who you are, then that person is not a friend, plain and simple. Like I said before, I suspect that the reason she's warming to you now is not because of genuine warm feelings toward you, but instead is because she thinks you can save her from your brother.

Again, you need to figure out if she is REALLY your friend. Unless you can honestly and unequivocally answer "Yes" to that question, let her dangle in the wind.