1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input Needed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by subaru000, Nov 30, 2010.

1. subaru000

I am having trouble with attracting guys, (blunt, but that's the problem), and I honestly think that it all comes down to my appearance. I am not a gloater nor do I want to boast myself but I do not look like the average out guy. (My mom has known for about four months now and she was and is accepting but she throws around some "comments;" aside from that, that is all and my twin brother is opening up to different types of people so it won't be so difficult to tell him). Last week, there was a guy that was at least an 8 or 9 and he gave me all the signs of interest; the looks, the gaze, the smiling, even talking to me and telling me "Seeya later," yet I didn't seem to be interested, almost playing hard to get? I screwed up big time.....

Although I am not expecting to meet The One where I am currently, it would be nice to have a decent, normal conversation with a (gay) guy, just to relate. It sucks having to conform to a certain image and I am far from that but it feels like I'd have to "change" my dressing style to even be looked at. Granted, the 9 looked like a guy I would want to know a little more; muscular, deep blue eyes and he seemed to be nice from what I got to know of him, and if that is any indication, I should remain having the style that I have, but I think it is absolutely upsetting that me and peers of mine have to change who they are for acceptance from even our own community. :tears:

Also, I am noticing that girls are starting to talk to me more. (Has that happened to anyone else or is it just me?) I waited around my math class today and there was a lady and she immediately said "I've seen you around here looking bored." Next, she asked me if I am from [Florida] and I told her that I am from Louisiana. Even I got the suspicion that she thought I was interested in her but it wasn't so. I even looked at a few guys walking just to take in the sights :icon_wink.

So, with the little rant over, should I "change" and be noticed by guys who are not my type and possibly get a least a conversation going or remain the "same" and only get one or two guys that may be really interested to at least have a friendship? Also, how should I go about the whole girl situation? How would I more firmly act out is what I really want to know. It would be nice to see how others are and have been in these types of settings.

Thanks for the help in advance. :thumbsup:

PS: I am not necessarily starving for conversation as I have five or so acquaintances in other classes, guys and girls. This thread, I'd like to hope, is just for scoping out the general population to find someone like me having similar issues.

#1 subaru000, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. Thing

I had a similar problem (albeit with guys and girls).

What I did was I got a main part in the school play. It drew attention to me and now I am in a happy relationship with a really nice girl.

Basically, don't change, just do something to become more noticable.

Hope this helps!

Thing
    (*hug*)