1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't be gay anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Ive loved coming here, but thinking about it ive realised i can not be gay ~ i need to get a girlfriend.....meh being gays too depressing i dont know anymore Rawrrrrrrr :icon_sad:

2. Bryan

Just because you're gay doesn't mean that you need to be in a relationship with some guy. Also, you are 14, I doubt that many people here were in relationships at the age of 14. I can understand that this is all depressing, believe me I know, but unless you are attracted to a girl, and love her, don't get a gf just to suppress it.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Its not about being in a relationship with a guy, its just i dont think i should be gay...life will just get worse....i dont like it :frowning2:

4. Grof142007

Life May Get Worse But Life Could get Better

5. Aww Ty don't give up, we're all here to help you through whatever's bothering you.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

you can't just change your sexuality just because you don't like it. living a lie is just going to make you feel even worse.

7. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Without trying to jump down your throat here mate, it's not that easy. It's not a conscious choice that anyone can make, whether they feel like being gay or not. Sexuality is something that you can't choose, but that chooses you... and to be honest I would have thought you'd have understood that.

Either way... it's obvious from this that you're not sure what you feel. Don't rush it, give it time and one day you'll know. Who knows you might still be hetro.

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ty - listen to what the others are saying. You may have to accept the way things are. At 14, you're still deciding which way to go. YOU make that choice. Don't listen to what society says you should be like. You've still got plenty of time on your side.

Too many people have bowed to what society wants them to do, the "accepted norm". Don't be one of them. Be strong.

You're only 14 - listen to what you really want - not what others think/say you should be like. Getting a girlfriend won't change nature. It'll be unfair on you and your girlfriend. Lots of EC members will tell you the same.

Talk if you need to.

9. pianoguy

did you choose to be gay ?

10. Ty

Ty Guest

....i didnt choose to find guys attractive

11. Well there you go. So it isn't like you can just turn it off. Trust me, I've tried it doesn't work.

12. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

If we had a choice, I know I would choose to live 'normal' but you can't just change your mind. We don't choose this... and, as Morgan said, living a lie will be worse... then if you get married and have kids you'll be stuck.

You can't make yourself attracted to one gender, you can maybe fake it but you really cannot change it...

13. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    ...good luck with that.
    ~ That was sacasm~
    Being in the closet is hard...being someone you arent is not a good way to try and get over it.
    You cant get over it...you are who you are.
    THere is nothing you or anyone can do about that now.

14. Sam

Sam

Nobody said that being gay was easy because its not its far from easy but it gets better over time. There are days when I wake up and think it would be so much easier being straight but I can't change who I am no matter how much I want to sometimes and you can't either, maybe you're still confused but if you aren't then living a lie and suppressing your true feelings will only make your life worse not better. I know you want to have an easier life but hide your feelings and like I said it will be even more hard then when you were being honest with yourself.

think about it really think because I used to hide and when it all came down to it, I was extremely depressed and one day I had finally had enough of living a lie and now that the people I care about know about me I am happier, maybe it isn't easy being gay but it definitely is better then not being yourself.

15. amdmiami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I say be gay ! Just have fun. ANd don't force yourself to get a girlfriend.Thats the worst thing you could do.

16. SpikySpice

Well, Im sorry to hear that you can not take it anymore, but I think you can not chnage the fact taht you are gay. Tho you try to run away from it, try to find a girlfriend, try to get married to a woman, try to have kids, but then who you are still be? GAY, you are still gay, dosent matter what you try to do, try to find a girl but dont really have any sexual attraction for her, try to marry a woman who you dont really love to run away from the public that the fact you are gay

I know it's hard, but you have to get through teh challenge, it's life, it's hard, it's hell, everybody cries, everybody falls, everybody bleeds. But the important thing is, to move on, you cannot let the factors around you to pull you down, you ahve to accpet yourself, be proud of it, dosent matter what the hell happens to you, because it is who you are.

It's sad to lie to others, but it's teh saddest thing to lie to yourself. Im sorry, but you are showing weakness. We are always here to help you, you can't give up, you cannot give up!You'll meet someone for your life soon, but you have to move on till that day

#16 SpikySpice, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  17. abercrombieboi

Mijo mira...

as much as you may want not to be gay...deep inside in your heart you'll always have that attraction to men..it's sad that society thinks that every man's perfect love has to be Cinderella, or every woman's true love is Prince Charming...it's hard as hell to live through this for some people I would know cause i'm going through the same situation, I mean I can't give myself wholly to the person I want to give to because my parents are just on my ass all time..but because of the i guess love i have for this person i'm willing to risk it all just for that chance to express my love to him....just wait until you find that certain someone..and your outlook on homosexuality will definatly change...it did for me at least

-Abercrombieboi

18. Rette

I tried to just "not be gay" for a while. Listen to someone who did the wrong thing: this will mess you up. You can try to suppress it, but it will not work. I am 21 and I have never had a relationship, for the sole reason that I have denied my feelings.

Don't do it. You will regret it.

19. Bryan

Yeah, life is harder for gays, but that is why we have things like PFLAG, GSAs and EC. If you are gay, you cant deny who you are, and suppressing it might be hard. But just know, you dont have to come out right away. No one needs to know until you want to tell them. Just take your time.

20. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

you need to accept yourself otherwise it will only get worse