1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do when someone tries to force you out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by George1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so at school this one jackass has been outing me to a whole bunch of people (the @$$hole is bisexual too!), and I've been trying to get him to stop but he hasn't. What's even worse is that some lunchtimes he gets some people and says (while I'm there) that "George has something to tell you guys." A couple of times he's been close to saying "George is gay" but I've had to grab him by the hair (since he gels his hair HEAPS it hurts him a lot), and drag him off somewhere else to tell him off.

What's getting worse is that he's denying that he tells people when it's been confirmed this person is spreading it around by numerous people, and I've been getting bullied even more from it.

School is starting tomorrow (was spring break down here in Aus) and I don't know how I'll face everyone again.

:dry: Catholic schools..

So basically, what should I do to get this jackass to stop? I've got heaps of secrets of his but since most people in the school know now he doesn't really get affected by my threats of me knowing his secrets.

I'm too scared to tell a teacher because then they will have to know that I'm gay, and I'm quite certain after that it'll spread around the teachers like wildfire and some teachers will begin treating me weirdly.

[twitch] Has anyone else been in similar circumstances? What did you do?

2. Louise

Everything depends on whether your parents know or not.

If they do they need to go to this boys home, explain the situation to his parents by telling them that they plan to take court action against their son if he continues this bullying behaviour. Making your life a living hell is bullying whether what he is threatening to tell is true or not. This is your life, this is your secret to disclose IF and WHEN you feel you want to and to who you want to. This is an invasion of privacy, there are laws to protect your privacy and your parents need to activate them because you are still a miner. Your parents must make it quite clear that they intend to go through with this threat and that it is not just hot air on their part.

They also need to go and have a discussion with your principle explaining that they expect the conversation to be completely confidential and disciplinery action WILL be taken, by your parents against him, if he fails to protect you within the school environment. Your principle and teachers have a legal and moral duty to protect you from this sort of thing.

If however your parents don't know it is a whole diffrent kettle of fish. If your parent's don't know and you are not ready to tell them you must get someone 'on side' at school. Is there a particular teacher you get on well with and you feel you can trust? Again it must be made clear to this teacher that you expect (and have a right to) complete confidentiality once you have told him/her. Then it is really up to the teacher to have a word with this boy and maybe bring in his parents to explain how very serious this situation is and that it won't be tolerated at your school.

I know that catholic schools can be particularly prejudiced against homosexuality but don't clump all your teachers in the same boat, there might be one open to helping you if only out of moral duty and not conviction.

Don't let this get you down too much. :kiss:

3. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow. I would have to agree and say this guy does sound like a real tool. No-one has the right to force you 'out'. But I'm afraid in highschool it really is a case of 'anything goes'.

How long have you known this guy for? Were you good friends before he started doing this? Just from reading you're post, I would think that he is insecure about his own sexual identity, so by placing you in the spotlight, he is diverting attention from himself. What probably makes it even harder is that if you spill his secrets (and I don't reccomend stooping to his level), people might just think you are lying to get him back.

Although you aren't keen on speaking to a teacher, is there a student counsellor available at your school at all? Someone who would need to/ or be willing to abide by a sort of 'doctor/patient' confidentiality agreement? If that can be done, I would most definately speak to that person about what is going on. It would be quite hard trying to tackle the issue by yourself if he is acting like a jerk and finds it funny. I'm afraid some people just don't understand or don't have the ability (and by ability, I mean maturity) to place themselves in another person's shoes. I would suggest talking to him in private about his behaviour if you think he has the mental capacity to think about anything other than himself, but it doesn't sound too promising to me.

Good luck! (*hug*)

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum and brother know (mum won't accept it) and I'm too scared to tell my dad..

I really don't want it to get to the point of my family having to get a lawyer, but I'll probably contact his parents and ask them to talk to him. And if they don't do anything or throw it back at me I'll remind them of the legal issues regarding his actions.

And by the way we've known each other for nearly 2 years now. >_>;

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm not sure I would trust anybody in a Catholic school. If you reach out to any authorities at the school I would definitely make sure they are "friendly" first. Is there policies there that say if you are gay that you can be kicked out? I know many schools here in the U.S. have that. Unfortantely we cannot control anothers' behavior no matter how BAD it may be. You just have to deal with it the best way you know how or go to another school. I think he may be enjoying the reaction he gets from you when he does this. Have you tried ignoring him to see what happens?

6. Ty

Ty Guest

If they kick you out for being gay, surely you can sue or something? thats discrimination, i would sue the heck out of my school if they did that =/

You'll pull through this :slight_smile:(*hug*)

7. Jim1454

Is the guy cute? He sounds like he's looking for attention... Maybe he wants to be your boyfriend! Whether he does or not, you should tell people that's why he can't stop talking about you!

8. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I love that idea. Tell everyone he told you he thought you are sexy or something.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Great idea Jim! :roflmao:

10. Bryan

He might be smitten' with you like said eairlier, but you should either pull him aside and ask him why he is doing this or just black mail him as a last resort

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^_^; So you know, he is anything but cute (not to be mean to him.. [/sarcasm]). And his personality just clashes too much with mine. A few friends and I have thought he had a crush on me.. And it turns out to be true (he and another guy wanted to start a ****ing threesome with me [shudder).

This reminds me of the time he wanted to see pictures of my penis.. I told him to get lost and this essentially has been his reaction the past couple of months. =/

12. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I absolutely HATE when people try to force me out. It's like they ask you these questions to try to make you say that you are gay. It's like, hello, if I wanted you to know I would outright tell you.

13. biisme

how many people at ur school know? maybe some of them can try to help you out...

your school sound lik mine. mine is really homophobic (doesn't accept bi either. actually, probably less) what grade are you in? is it possbile to ignore him until graduation? if not, then i suggest doing as everyone else suggests and threatening to sue.

14. SpikySpice

Well, you just deny it if you dont want to come out, and just be cool, especially dont get red face, cuz peopel will notice

Just pull him aside and give him a speech

You can also giet help from friends who know you are gay liek Biime said, well, they make help you to shut his mouth off in public

This is happening to me right now!

Tho my friends are ok with me being gay

But i hate it cuz he just go around and told people my secrets and me being gay, tho sometiems it's useful taht i dont have to tell anyone, just sit and watch the squealer do it for me But he also tell other my secrets and my past and even made it up, so lame

But he just ran away everytime I hint im bout to tell his secrets, just to shoo him off tho i never tell anyone

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno how many people now know, but all I know is that this ass has told people who would blab it to as many people as possible. I know a heap of people in my year level don't know which is good, but I'm getting heaps of crap from the other year levels.

His brain fails to process the fact that I've even threatened to bash him up if he keeps going.

[headdesk].

16. SpikySpice

Dose he knwo that he makes you into trouble?

Just scream at his face like a mad man

17. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think the best way to deal with this is through humor. Don't worry about it. Don't concern yourself with it. Don't be embarrassed by it. Don't bother to deny it. Say something like, 'It's a darn shame that he's intent on talking about matters that don't concern him which he happens to know nothing about. If I am gay, that's a whole lot better than prying into somebody's personal life."

And then let it go. Let it go regarding what others think, feel and say. And let it go regarding being hurt, bitter or mad. You can't control what others think anyway. There's always somebody around who feels like it's their job to gossip about other people. Don't let it mess with you!

18. Bryan2o07

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dunno if this helps but i've been through that and all i did was deny it and ignore that person afterwords. I wish you luck in this situation. Hope everything turns out ok in the end.

19. MalibuGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that happened to me last year. i switched schools. but that was not the only reason; the school was very crowded and far away from my house. but since i have switched schools; life has been good :slight_smile:

20. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice guys. The situation has died down very well.. It seems most of the people in the school are focusing on giving other people a hard time now. ;D