1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of a straight crush? But not really sure?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NorthToEcho, Dec 7, 2010.

1. NorthToEcho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, basically. I've kind of got it a little bad for one of my best friends.
    People are starting to pick up on that, which makes me think I should have a plan of action ready for before/when she picks up on it, too (if she hasn't already).
    I'm out to her...and she's kind of been "up in the air" about where she stands for as long as I've known her.
    She's 100% down with me being out, and we've probably gotten even closer since then. She's even said that she had a girl crush a while back (on someone other than myself), but has also said that she doesn't know if she could ever date / do anything with a girl.
    The people that have asked me about it are the only ones I've gone to for advice...but they're all saying I should go for it because she HAS to know...some saying by taking subtle action, some bluntly.
    My main issue, is I don't want to lose my best friend by her freaking out over a crush.

Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated <3

2. knight of ni

Given that you are out to your friend, and that she is accepting and open about her own feelings in return, I think honesty is the best policy, especially if you think she might notice (and other people have noticed already).
    Tell her that recently, you've had a bit of a crush on her. Make it clear that you don't expect anything, and that you're telling her because of the trust between you, which you don't want to break.
    Now, that's my suggestion; whether it will work for you is something that you will know better than anyone else. But don't follow the advice of friends who told you to 'go for it.' What she's told you is that she doesn't think she could ever do anything with a girl, and for you to go and try to 'do something' would be a very bad move.

Either tell her your feelings or don't, but whatever you do, don't make a move on her.

3. brekachu

brekachu Guest

I had this same problem a few months ago. I went with honesty, told her how I felt. She was pretty cool about it. My issue though was that she would be all over other girls yet she told me she was straight. My story ended happily though, my ex-girlfriend whom I was in love with is now talking to me again and hinting that she wants me back. This whole thing brought me and that "straight" girl closer :] so go for it and tell your friend how you feel. And if everything falls to pieces, we're here for you.

4. NorthToEcho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice...I think I'm going to talk to her this weekend when we actually have time to see each other without having a bunch of school work.

:slight_smile:

5. brekachu

brekachu Guest

Best wishes hun! :] hope all goes well