1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally saw him!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crimsonarcher, Oct 8, 2007.

1. crimsonarcher

My family went to eat at my aunt's house, and we watched old videos of previous quinceaneras (sweet 15s) and i saw my transsexual uncle in the video...and i got to say.....WOW. he honestly looked like a girl. but hey, i thought this was a good thing, cause he looked happy being transsexual....

but THEN...

my dad brought up the fact as to "where did he run away to when he was kicked out of Dad's house?" to my aunt.......

my heart honestly felt like it dropped.

he was acually kicked out? I remember trying so hard not to scream in front of everybody, cause he was actually kicked out, and it looks like no one tried to keep him there either.....

i can't help but wonder....but....is that what's going to happen to me?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank God for your wonderful aunt! Have you talked to this uncle aka aunt? She may be a good "coming out ali".

3. Bryan

Well, I think that being Trans is harder for people to accept than being gay, but I think you should talk to your uncle

4. Louise

Can you get in touch with your uncle? Last time you mentioned him you said he was somewhere in Mexico but no one knew where.

It sounds like he would be the perfect person to help you. He knows what you are going through, how you are feeling and maybe how to handle things better with your family than he did. Have you talked with your dad to see how he feels about his brother today? You might get some insights as to your dad's feelings on the subject, his regrets, what he would do differently today etc. There is nothing wrong in giving him some leading questions!

I hope you manage to find our uncle, he probably needs someone in the family on his side too. Good luck.

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if you got into contact with that uncle you'd get HEAPS of useful info off him. Hell, I'd die to have someone in the GLBT 'group' that was related to me.. I'd have someone I can truly confide in in real life.

6. crimsonarcher

yeah, I have to try to get in contact with him.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah, my dad finds transsexuals odder than Gay's...... heres a quote from my dad if anyones interested (taken from a conversation between him and my aunty)

My aunties daughter is extremely tomboyish... so everyones really suspected her of being a lesbian - heres how i remember the convo

"So, brian (fake name) what do you think of gay people?"
    "hmmm i reckon that when (he believes in souls and stuff but not religious) a boy is born and they're gay, they have a girls soul accidentally in their body, so they can't help the way they are, same with lesbians"

Thats not how the convo went exactly but thats the jist of it... sounds stupid typing it like that, but it sounded more believable the way he worded it... just a thought

8. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Well at least he didnt say "I cant believe he is transsexual.Thats sick and wrong. Where the hell did he go when that sick mofo was kicked out?"
    If he said it in a way like you describe I highly doubt that will happen.

9. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Also law states you cant live on your own or under the care of anyone other than a legal guardian/parent until you are the age of 18 ( in most states..some are 16-17 ).
    If you are kicked out and rather have it that way dont file a report and instead find a friends or relative to stay with.
    Let them in on what happen and get thier promise not to file a report agianst your parent or parents.

EDit: woops thought i clicked edit on above post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: