1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ouch!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rygirl, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Rygirl

Heya,

So I came back home with my flatmates last night after a night out and one was being incredibly objectionable about everything. So I started winding him up because he was getting on my nerves and the next thing I know I have a blackberry hurtling towards me and hit me square in between my eyes.

Thats not the last of it though, because now he's going round telling people that it didn't even hit me and that I'm being melodramatic, and I'm worried that everyone will take his side.

I don't want to have to watch what I say whenever I'm in my own flat and I don't really know what to do.:icon_sad:

2. Lotty

Well, I just think that it doesn't matter what people think of me(besides friends and family)
    But if you do care: just pretend you don't! At school, people used to give me a hard time. But I kept telling myself that they were not worth paying attention to. If they told lies about me, I said to them: 'I know it's not true, and so do you. So please stop with this shit, caus it gets you nowhere.'
    Now I've got five best friends, and I'm actually quite popular.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lotty's right. It doesn't matter what other people think. It doesn't matter if they think he hit you with a projectile or if they think you're making it up. What matters is that your suitemate has issues with getting ornery at least occasionally, and that he gets violent (by proxy) if you confront him during those times. Given that, I'd say the important thing is that you recognize when he's "in a mood", and steer very clear when he is.

As for "what your friends think", that's up to you. I'd just say "Yeah, I sort of started needling him when he was in a mood, and he threw his Blackberry at me. I guess I know not to do that anymore." That makes it less of an accusatory "look what he did", and more of a "I've learned my lesson".

Lex