1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacation from EC

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Yea, I know some of you are going to be upset about this, but I'm going to be taking a vacation from EC.

It's just, in the last week my world has been completely turned upside down and I'm having a really hard time dealing with it. My post about my mother is just one of the many things I'm having to deal with right now, and I think it would be better for me to take some time off of a few things and sort these problems out. I really don't want to burden a whole community with the uglyness that's suddenly come up, because these are my problems and I feel like I should have to deal with them alone. I know it's not the healthiest way to handle problems like these, but it's the only way I can ever solve anything. So, I'll see y'all :confused:.

P.S. - Don't misunderstand me, I'll be back....eventually. I just don't know when.

2. xequar

Just for the sake of conversation, you do realize that the point of friends, even an online community of friends, is to help each other in times of need, right?

I'm just sayin'...

3. Louise

I'm really sorry that you don't feel you can share this difficult time with us. I know we are all here for our own reasons but I for one (as a straight mum of a gay young man) have found the posts, the support system, the overwhelming kindness of everyone essential to my coming to terms with what is happening to me and my son.

You must deal with these problems in you life as you see fit, of course, but please don't go. Don't shut out the best people to share this with. The people here on EC can hear and understand anything you have to say. No one will judge you. Friends are not just for the good times. I hope you have someone to talk with.

Take real good care of yourself and best of luck in getting through this difficult time, we'll all be here waiting to hear from you :kiss:

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Xequar and Louise have taken the very same words out of my mouth!!! Stay and talk...we're here to help. If your mind is made up, don't stay away too long. We'll miss you. :tears:

5. TriBi

^ Add my voice to the chorus above.

Sounds like you might need a friendly ear or few at the moment...

Whatever you decide - we'll be waiting - and thinking of ya. (*hug*)

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahhh.....stick around. We're here to help you! That's what friends are for!

7. Jim1454

Even if it's to just let us know how you're doing...