1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does it have to be so awkward seeing my ex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chonko3266, Dec 13, 2010.

1. chonko3266

I was in a relationship with this guy from January to March last year. We never really had a "break up" but the relationship just sort of ended with neither of us acknowledging it. I was always interested in him but I felt like he lost interest so I just let it go.

He contacted me a couple of months later to apologize and to see if I wanted to be his friend. He said he wanted to have someone to talk to about things like guys but I wasn't quite over him yet so I told him that we couldn't be friends. I feel like he took that as me saying that I never wanted to talk to him again.

We haven't talked in about nine months but I think about him often. I wonder if he thinks about me too. I'm not sure if I should contact him but I kind of wonder how he's doing.

I see him around campus and we never talk. Our encounters actually seem really awkward. Like I'll look up and suddenly make unexpected eye contact with him and I just kind of freeze. I usually just say "hey" and all he does is kind of nod at me.

Would it be a bad idea to contact him and see how he's doing? I don't want things to be awkward between us but is this normal? Like is it really ever possible to be "friends" with your ex?

2. RaRa

I think it's only awkward because you're making it awkward.

He said he wanted to be friends, what's so bad about that?

I don't think you're over him, and that's why it's awkward. He hasn't done anything.

My 0.2$.