1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird that I'm happy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mandarof, Dec 14, 2010.

1. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I've come to terms with my sexuality I have been growing increasingly pleased. Do others experience this? It could be the side effect of knowing I have this whole new life to live and experience or maybe something unreal that will vanish. In some ways, now I am even more distinguished than before--and I already stood out to all my family as someone with a lot of interesting traits.

I'm still struggling with how I feel exactly but my feelings are interesting, that's for sure.

2. Ridiculous

Definitely. Even though I've known that I'm gay for quite a while, I still get bouts of happiness when I think of how great the LGBT community and culture is (particularly you lot here on EC).

3. maverick

I totally know what you're talking about, I have experienced similar feelings. It's liberating to be out of the closet. :eusa_danc

4. Artemicion

Absolutely not weird to feel happy. I was depressed for quite a while before I got past it and now i'm better, but moody sometimes...

5. Lotty

I am happy that I can accept it now, but I'm afraid of the reactions of my friends and family.

6. Iniquity

It's a great thing that you are happy. It could mean that you're seeing the endless possibilities of being true to yourself.

7. Sakura

It's definitely not weird. :slight_smile: I was super depressed before I came out to my friends and my mom but once I came out to them I started to become happier every day. I'm also still trying to figure everything out and I'm still worried about the future but I'm able to start being who I really am and that's an amazing feeling.

8. Sparty313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    YAY for your happiness!! I can't wait till i reach that ultimate happy feeling!! Enjoy it, love it, embrace it!! :slight_smile:

9. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just told my dad, 100% loving acceptance. The bliss keeps building. I've earned it, though, given the last two weeks I've barely ate/slept/did what I'm supposed to do... I lost about 10 pounds. I guess coming out is the hottest diet on earth.