1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mistie, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Mistie

Mistie Guest

So, there's this girl that I've been working with for awhile. Over the past few months, I developed a crush on her. It was small at first, since I assumed she was straight I didn't really get my hopes up nor did I know much about her at first. Then it got worse as I got to know her.
    From what I've found out from talking to her at work, it seems like she could be bi. She's had a boyfriend before... but she claims to be a strong supporter for gay rights.

Her and I seem to have a good bit in common and whenever we talk at work, she's really nice and friendly towards me. I'm just not sure if I'm getting the wrong idea, though.
    I'm planning to ask her to go see a movie to get to know her better and see if she's truly straight or not.... But would it be weird for me to ask? Work is the only place I really talk to her, and I've only known her for a few months... is it weird to ask to go to a movie with me only after a few months?
    And what's a good reaction if she just declines my offer?

I'm just not sure how to go about this situation because I want to get to know her better, but not entirely sure how or if she even wants to hang out with me at all. :confused:

2. Mogget

Go ahead and ask her. People ask other people out having only known them a few minutes, and that's for dates. This doesn't sound like it'd even be a date, just an extension of your already-existing friendship at work that you (at least) are hoping might blossom into something more. So go ahead and ask!

3. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see no problem asking her to hang out as friends. People do this all the time. You're obviously aware she may be straight and things may not go any further between you but at least you could make a new friend out of it.

4. Lotty

I go out with my friends all the time. Even after two weeks of knowing each other. I said: 'Maybe we could hang out together sometime?' And three days later we went to the cinema. It's not weird, believe me. I think she'll just take it as a thing between good friends.

5. Mistie

Mistie Guest

*Blahblahblah more excuses from me* >_>

Lemme elaborate on this, we're not exactly in the friend zone, more so acquaintances. I only really talk to her at work, rarely at school (since we both have different groups of friends), and she is naturally a friendly/nice person, so I don't know if I'm getting the wrong idea that if she's just being nice for the sake of it or actually would like to get to know me better. Blegh.

6. LTRinTO

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As long as you don't approach this as a "date" (even internally yourself) then there is no harm is just casually saying something like, "I'm thinking of seeing <insert popular movie name here> this weekend...would you like to go too?". At worst - since she is a nice person - she will politely decline. At best, she'll say "sure!". At super-best, she'll say, "I was hoping you'd ask!" http://emptyclosets.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Consider this as a chance to get to know her better as a person. Try not to build it up into more than it is yet.

7. KatKut

If she is a gay rights supporter just go and ask her If she's straight don't worry I don't think she's going to punch in the face If you tell her you're attracted to her, If she's really open minded she wouldn't see the difference between you(a woman) and men who pursue her sexually or romantically everyday