1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Helps...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chris1977, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Chris1977

As I mentioned in my previous post, attending a coming out support group really helped me come to terms with my sexuality. Yet there were still times when I was alone that I would feel down about being gay. Fortunately those times were few, and they became even fewer as I began to accept myself as a gay man. When I felt down, something that really helped to cheer and inspire me was music. Music has always been a great inspiration in my life.

I had the good fortune to discover a really great gay singer/song writer/musician named Josh Zuckerman. His music is wonderful, and I think he is a very good gay role model. He is someone I have great respect for. Whenever I felt down about being gay I would listen to his CD, and think of his motto, "Be who you are... It's all about love...". I could personally relate to many of the songs, and listening always made me feel better. It is cool for me to know that he is a gay man singing about relationships with gay men and about accepting himself. I think I would consider his musical style to be closest to folk rock. I would encourage others to check out his web site ( http://www.joshzuckerman.com/ ). He has a free full length acoustic version of his song "When Love Comes Back Again" available for download. I was also able to see him perform live, and it was a really great show. I highly recommend his CD, "A Totally New Sensation", and catching a show if you can.

Chris