1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Yo-Yoing Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ralivar, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Ralivar

This is something that's been annoying me lately, so I suppose it's pretty much a rant (albeit a rather small rant.)

Over the last couple of weeks my thought process has been flying between me not caring who knows that I'm gay and wanting to tell people, to then being right back at a point where I don't want to tell anyone, thinking that its no ones business but mine and so no one else needs to know.

I just don't know know why I'm doing this and it's starting to get annoying, I think it's even starting to wreak havoc with my emotions at some points (not in a major way but it is.) I just want to make up my mind one way or another.

Anyway that's enough of a rant from me, I just needed to get it out there somewhere.

2. Mogget

I suggest you seek a counselor, or a wise friend/family member, to help you deal with this. Someone who can help you process your thoughts.

3. happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This seems normal to me in many ways. I'm no expert here. One way to think of it, if you're not sure what to do is...by not coming out to people, you have the option of saying anything to them later if it becomes clear to you later on that is what you really want to do. I tend to choose that path of "no action" when in doubt. I can choose to take action later if needed. But, if you say something now, you are stuck with the decision and can't undo that. By not coming out, you leave you options open, and your mind can relax. Basically, you can make the decision to come out- just later on. If something comes up and it feels right to come out in the mean time, trust yourself.

4. xequar

This is entirely normal. It's akin to the moment when you're about to remove a band-aid. You know it's bothering you and you want to remove it, but you're dreading the sting and think that maybe you can leave it on just a bit longer. It's not the end result you're dreading, but rather the actual moment. Just like removing a band-aid, getting psyched up about it makes it worse, I think. If you just grab and yank, it's mostly smooth, but if you pull slow, you feel every single hair get ripped out individually and it hurts like hell.

5. straal1972

Yep, i've had the same thought process. back and forth day to day, hour to hour it changes. I opt not to force the situation and wait for preplanned times. We'll see how that works out.

6. Ralivar

Thanks guys and gals, even though this was just a bit of a rant on my part I do appreciate the advice and feedback. It makes me feel a lot better to know that it seems to be normal thing that people coming out seem to go through.

I've calmed slightly, and am totally back to the point of not wanting to to tell anyone. Whether this is the right thing to think I'm not sure but it's working for me at the moment.