1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad nightmares

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaius, Dec 20, 2010.

1. gaius

gaius Guest

Just a quick one guys,
    sometimes, every week or so, i have these shocking nightmares, where i wake up sobbing and cant get back to sleep. I was wondering if this is something to do with bad sleep pattern, food and drink, or something psychological. Most of these bad dreams involve people/myself dying just to give you further info.

thanks

steven

2. Miyaga

hmmm this is interesting, usually peoples dreams are the minds way of sorting out subconscious dilemmas. Could range from: fears, unresolved conflict, a combination of issues or worries you may have.

I use to have extremely bad nightmares when i was younger. I would wake up screaming, tossing and turning, and pretty violent. I was having a tough time in school, with people, and finding out who i really was. I began to develop several ways of coping with it.

1. the first thing i developed was, that when I awoke from a nightmare I would go into my mothers room and just touch her hand or head or leg, any body part really... by holding her I would receive protection from my nightmares. Every second I held her I would get 1hr of protection. This worked really well for me. Since these nightmares were happening often, I began to feel bad waking her up all the time, so this was a great mind over matter technique that i used on myself.

2. the next thing I developed for myself was dream cognition, basically being able to change my dream at will. This took a bit of will power and practice. I use to have a lot of dreams where I was in grave danger, being hunted down, attacked by creatures and such. Over time I willed my brain to dream jump, or manifest an out from the nightmare. i.e. I had a zombie nightmare once where I was surrounded and was about to get eaten. I then willed my self out, I shifted my dream to where I was down the street from the attack area. Strange I know but this worked for me.

I still use this technique today. It is almost perfect now, it has helped me get a lot of sleep and have fun with my subconscious self. Also, by changing my dream I would find a solution to my issues I was having in real life, it was a self coping mechanism that I developed on my own. You can find info on the web about being able to control your dreams.

I hope this helps, If you have any questions or need links to some of these sites feel free to PM. Have a great night. Let me know if you need anything else.

3. happy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To dream of your own death is usually a sign of spiritual enlightenment. An awakening. This could be a good thing. Although probably doesn't feel good. Google dream dictionaries. I like Dream Moods A-Z. Write your dreams down when your wake up - try to recall everything you call remember. Even the little details. Things that may seem insignificant like colors, items, etc. Search for them in the dream dictionary. Learn about what you are dreaming. It can be interesting. A friend got me doing this and it was helpful.

4. MMAnick

I have very bad nightmares almost every night too. I have a journal that i write down what has happened to me that day and any other thoughts i have which seems to help a bit.

The biggest help i've found is having a small light on (or a night light) while i sleep. Its something about sleeping in complete darknass that triggers them for me so haveing some kind of light on helps keep them away as well.

5. Lotty

I had afwul nightmares a while ago. Then one night, I was tired, but I had to do my homework, so I was listening to music, like always when I do my homework. But I was so tired I fell asleep at my desk. I had no nightmares that night. Since then, I listen to music when I want to sleep. I just put my cellphone next to me in my bed and listen to music. First, my parents used to turn the music off when I was fast asleep, but then I had nightmares again. So they leave it on now. It really helps me. Maybe it helps you too.