1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Importance of Sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LostandFound, Dec 23, 2010.

1. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

How important is it for people that the sex works in a relationship? Like, if two people in the relationship were both tops or both bottoms exclusively, how big of a problem is that for people?

2. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the person. For me I think sex is a very important part of a relationship. If sex doesn't work out well it seems like the relationship fizzles out on my end. For some people sex is the end all, be all of a relationship. For others its just another dimension of the relationship.

I dated a guy for a while who happened to be an exclusive bottom. I think of myself of a versatile bottom(prefer to bottom, open to topping). Toys seemed to be the savior in our situation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that things tend to work them selves out if the situation warrants it.

3. Pragmatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To a great number of relationships, sex is very important. This is a measure of closeness and intimacy due to a number of reasons. Typically, people don't go running around naked or display their bodies so doing so to someone is akin to sharing a secret with someone else, a secret that can be ridiculed, criticized, and hurt them if those things occur. Because we all have body image issues at some point or time, we usually like to hide our flaws and our bodies can be seen as such at times. Not only that but sex feels good. (if done right) It's essential in my opinion, coming from a health major, for both physical, immune, and mental health.

However, in regards to the sex position dilemma, I've never found a problem in any of my relationships. I've dated another bottom before and as the above poster said--if they're really worth it or interested, it'll be a small bump to get over. After trying out my sexual orientation and comfort, I was a bottom but over time I've learned to top as well and have discovered that I am neither a bottom or a top--I just simply enjoy the act now and have stopped labeling myself and go with the flow. With the right amount of comfort, people will try anything.

Happy Holidays!