1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I wouldn't do this to myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mr.Pushover, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Mr.Pushover

I'm pretty sure I like someone.
    I told myself I wouldn't get involved with love for at least 4 months after what happened with this one guy named Josh (long story, almost went out, never did, 4 months of my life, so on and so on). It's only been about 2 months and I'm pretty sure I like this guy, but I'm pretty sure he's straight, AND kill me now, he's a year younger than me which if I told my friends about this dilemma they would make fun of it NON.STOP.

And right before Christmas too! I mean, really? Ughh. This is why I hate crushing on straight guys. (If he is straight) But I'll give you more info besides the fact that he's a freshman, he's in one of my classes and he's on the track team with me, he always calls me Steve (not my name, another story, my coach called me that for a while cause apparently I look like a Steve, so the other guys joined in calling me that) which I don't mind, (You know I really shouldn't be writing such long descriptions in these parentheses), he's pretty funny (contrary to myself) and he's a cool person to talk to.

Now, I don't know him THAT well, but we're pretty much acquaintances/friends, but my problem is falling for him,having no idea what he really thinks about. Sometimes I hate life. Suggestions?

2. Lotty

I suggest that you stop hating life:slight_smile:
    I have a suggestion, but it could work out really bad. Here it is:
    You say you don't know him very well, so maybe he is gay or bi. Try to get to know him better, and try to find out. This could make things worse, for example you could fall for him even more. If you find out he is gay or bi, that'd make things easier. Maybe you think he's gay, but he isn't out yet. (lots of people aren't out at the age of fourteen). Then you could try to help him to come out, and eventually show him how things work in the gay world:slight_smile:. If he isn't gay or bi, then try to forget him. That doesn't mean: not talking to him but looking from afar. It means: try not to think of him, don't go to places where he is, go out, find someone else, don't look at him when you're not talking to him. Try to ignore him as much as possible.

I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!