1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm kind of over being so nice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

Nothing in particular brought this on. But it's been pissing me off how people think they can speak to me any kind of way and it be ok because I'm nice and diplomatic and I try to be understanding. And I try to help people in any way I can but now people make it seem like I HAVE to help them; like they're doing me a favor by letting me be nice to them.

And I'm over that.

So I'm feeling like I need to be a little bit more raw because people don't understand when you try to be nice and sugar coat things.

I already started this new policy and I have to say it feels fabulous. :slight_smile:

Not really a post for advice, I just felt like sharing. Haha.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This seems to be a common complaint...and a common remedy. "People are taking advantage of me because I'm nice, so I'm going to be somewhat of an asshole so they'll stop." But I've found such a move doesn't make them "respect your boundaries" so much as suddenly decide you're pretty damn capricious (or just an asshole). I found it's much better to just be aware of your limits, and let people know when you've reached them. If someone asks for help and you're unable to provide it, just say "Actually, I'm kind of stretched thin right now. Sorry about that." And if they want an explanation, don't give one. Stick with "I'm sorry - I can't help you out right now." If somebody talks to me in "pushover" mode, I found I don't need to push back. I just step to one side and let their push go right by. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. MMAnick

I know how you feel. Im nice and tend to just let things go but my problem is i let too much go...so when i get really mad i go from 0 to 100 in 1.32secs lol.

I dont like being mean to people becasue its a form of hate and i belive that hate (of any kind) is bad for your soul. So after i explode i try to talk to the people that way i can leave the past in the past and start a new chapter with that person.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some days I wish I could be like this man:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZO199jt_hg&feature=related[/youtube]