1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EmmziieeCSC, Dec 27, 2010.

1. EmmziieeCSC

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Right, so I have never had a relationship with either sex and have been confused about my orientation for about 2 years now. I am pretty sure I am bisexual (swinging towards girls). Because I'm 17 I cannot go to gay bars n stuff (I don't even know where the ones in Liverpool are)

So, anyway, I'd like to meet someone because being single is getting annoying now that everyone I know has a gf/bf. I don't know how to meet anyone, what to say, how to act, anything I'm always nervous I'll do something wrong. I really don't know how I'm ever going to have the confidence to ask anyone out, let alone a girl who may or may not be lez/bi (How do you tell?)

So yeah help would be appreciated, being single and lonely sucks.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's hard to think or fathom, but I find no one finds someone to be in a relationship with unless they're comfortable being single. If you're not comfortable being single, then how can you be comfortable being in a relationship? You need to be able to be happy by yourself if you're ever going to be happy with someone else, otherwise you'll rely too much on the relationship and that will be its breaking point.

3. EmmziieeCSC

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay thanks. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think a good way to meet someone would be to join a LGBT social or support group in your area. It would also give you the chance to make a few new friends, talk to others about their expereince, all of which could help you in becoming more comfortable with your sexuality and feeling comfortable with being yourself around others.

That said, it would be good if you could make becoming comfortable with yourself a priority for now. Once you are more comfortable and have figured things out a little better, maybe try start coming out to one or two friends.

Being comfortable with yourself, and having things figured out, will make finding someone to go on a date with and perhaps develop a relationship with, a lot easier. :slight_smile:

5. Miyaga

I agree with Mirko. You can try and locate them in your area via the internet, I also know that a lot of them have places to call of you cant get to their meeting places.

I also thing you need to get to know yourself better. Take some time to just think to yourself. Doesn't matter about what just let your mind wander. I found that this helped me when I am dealing with some things, eventually my mind worked through it and boom. So day dream, think aimlessly. :slight_smile: